No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The birth of the dragons required a really hot fire. It so happens a funeral pyre is such.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• It required a really hot fire but also a human sacrifice.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Still doesn't explain:

Spoiler:
        Thoros's resurrection power
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I started watching this on and off a little while ago and got to the episode where Syrio Forel fights off a bunch of dudes with a wooden sword. Does he die? I mean we never see him die. I hope he's not dead. He's ****ing awesome.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• No one knows.

Comment

• He's dead. It's at least strongly implied in the book I think, but people don't want him to be 'cause he's cool.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

• And it goes without saying that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned up later.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                  He's dead. It's at least strongly implied in the book I think, but people don't want him to be 'cause he's cool.

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                  And it goes without saying that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned up later.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I can't help thinking that episode would have been much better if Witchypoo Hippytits, rather than mystically giving birth to writhing black smoke, had followed up all that straining and wailing by firing a ping-pong ball across the cave.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Comment

• ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Would the ping pong ball hit Renly?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            He's dead. It's at least strongly implied in the book I think, but people don't want him to be 'cause he's cool.
                            He could easily grab a sword from one of the guards he'd fought off and confront their commander (Amory Lorch?). Obviously that one didn't die, but there's no ruling out Syrio may have escaped the scene. After all he's too cool to be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                              He could easily grab a sword from one of the guards he'd fought off and confront their commander (Amory Lorch?).
                              Meryn Trant, member of the Kingsguard.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Names, names, too many names.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X