No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 2 starts on April 1st. I can hardly wait.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I'm downright wet with excitement.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
        The Walking Dead has made a hell of a comeback in the second half of season 2. Almost on par with season 1.

ACK!
        First half of #2 is slow character development which is necessary if the viewer is to give a damn when you kill the characters off.

That said, why do they continue to feed Carol? The woman is worse than useless.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Season 2 starts on April 1st. I can hardly wait.
          Oohh, that is coming up soon.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'm watching Homeland on Showtime right now. Pretty good show.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
              I'm watching Homeland on Showtime right now. Pretty good show.

ACK!
              now it deserves more prasie thren just "pretty good". its a must watch if you like tv shows.
              Last edited by a.kitman; March 25, 2012, 16:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                As for Mike's point of "Must Watch Shows" - they tend to be the low ratings ones and get canceled for it (a la, Firefly). Though some of broken through like Lost and Once Upon a Time (same writers). Fringe has also had a number of great seasons though it constantly on the bubble. Friday Night Lights had been getting TONS of love (it's a great show) but it required Direct TV to step in and buy it so it could continue.
                It's very sad. I guess the vast majority of the American public deserve the utter **** that is most of what they get to watch on television.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• The wheat to chaff ratio is so bad I gave up years ago. There are a few great shows but it just isn't worth the cost of a monthly subscription.

Comment

• The BBC has a good article about why regional British accents have become the default accent in just about all fantasy movies or TV shows. Yes, GoTs deliberately followed the British accent thing with even American actors told to switch to British accents.

Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings are set in fantasy worlds, so why does everybody speak with a British accent?

Comment

• It is interesting about the regional differences as well. I noticed different accents in the characters fitting the different roles/personalities of the characters (or houses) but didn't really think they were intentionally regionalized British accents. Neat.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It's the Kevin Costner effect.

ACK!

Comment

• There supposedly have been leaks of episodes 1 and 2 though I've resisted looking for them. Several fan sites on the web were also given a sneak peek at the first two episodes and there are some very spoilerific reviews up online right now.

Oh, and I'm about halfway done with watching the extras which came with the blu-ray boxed set. Man, there are a TON of extras; we're talking 9 GB of extras showing everything from behind the scenes, discussions with actors, tours of the sets, concept art, how they picked film locations & design motifs, interviews with key production personnel, interviews with GRRM, a whole series of clips about the history of Westeros voiced by the various actors, and who knows what else. Like I said, I'm only half way through those extras.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            There supposedly have been leaks of episodes 1 and 2 though I've resisted looking for them. Several fan sites on the web were also given a sneak peek at the first two episodes and there are some very spoilerific reviews up online right now.
                            Yeah. Whatever you do, don't go here.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I've read the books but the TV series is slightly different as they had to change things to make it fit into 10 hours of video time a season. That means some things got tossed, some things got changed, and some things remained the same. Also the sets in the series are amazing, I mean there are numerous ones the size of football fields that are super detailed so seeing how the director envisioned each location compared to how I pictured the same place in my mind is very interesting to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                                now it deserves more prasie thren just "pretty good". its a must watch if you like tv shows.
                                Watching the season finale, right now.

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X