No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're unable to reassure you on that front, as WWV is (pretty much) a TV-only character.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      They did the same thing with lord of the rings. The first movie was spot on other then deleting a few unnecessary scenes (Tom Bombidill, etc...) just to make sure the faithful didn't complain too loudly but the moment it became a successful they totally ****ed up book 2 and 3.
      They filmed them at pretty much the same time, and they abandoned some of the more asinine ideas (like Arwen at Helm's Deep).
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        You needed worry about the horsey/sheepy folks anymore; there will still be a handful of horsey survivors around, but the things you found most bothersome about it (horse this, horse that, horse horse horse) are long gone.
        Though, the end of A Dance With Dragons leaves that somewhat open.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I now have the Blu-ray! The extras on this thing look mightly impressive as well!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            I get my Blu-ray version of it today, woot! (I haven't seen it, but read the book ages ago)
            They're worth the price. I for one will likely buy it just to get the extras which weren't on the original HBO broadcast. I honestly didn't see the series when it first came out and only noticed it when it came up on my HBO on demand list. Once I had seen the first episode I literally played one after another until I'd worked my way through the entire season.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You needed worry about the horsey/sheepy folks anymore; there will still be a handful of horsey survivors around, but the things you found most bothersome about it (horse this, horse that, horse horse horse) are long gone.
              My guess is for season two it'll be dragon this, dragon that, dragon dragon dragon.

But remember to be careful about spoilers all you book people.

When does the new season start?
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Not if it follows the books.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I apologize if I spoiled things for you, Ozzy.

By the way, the White Walkers are aliens, and Joffrey shot Mr. Burns, and Jon Snow is the Smoke Monster.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I apologize if I spoiled things for you, Ozzy.

By the way, the White Walkers are aliens, and Joffrey shot Mr. Burns, and Jon Snow is the Smoke Monster.
                    I quoted you, but my spoiler comment was for everyone. Nothing you said was a spoiler. But good to know about Joffrey.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• He's also in league with the Observers from Fringe.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• F*CK HBO NOT RELEASING BLU RAYS UNTIL A YEAR AFTER BROADCAST.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• DVD releases are usually one month before a new season starts. I presume it has to do with milking every last cent out of pay per view sales first.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• They are normally about a month after the season finishes (or in the run up to christmas if that is just a bit later). A month before the new season is something I've only ever seen with HBO sets but possibly other companies who's DVDs I don't buy also do it. In which case F*CK THEM too but not as much 'cause I don't really care
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• I know lots of non-HBO shows that do it as well.

Dexter and Breaking Bad (Showtime and AMC) off the top off my head.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• This is why it's retarded (via Asher on Google+)

We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X