No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've watched the various trailers, and I think I've seen some Book 3 material in there. But I could be misinterpreting what I'm seeing.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Including the new one released yesterday?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I saw that one, but I honestly can't remember exactly what was in it. And I can't really watch at work.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Well, maybe book three, maybe not; we don't really see Robb hardly at all in book two, but he does meet Jeyne during that time. Of course, Cat doesn't become aware of it until book three.

The trailer looks amazing. I only hope that they can turn a profit on all that production value so that we get a few more seasons; Rome was expensive as hell to produce, and they had to wrap it up posthaste when they were losing money on it.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            I saw that one, but I honestly can't remember exactly what was in it. And I can't really watch at work.
            It's only 7:40 something right now so I'm still at home but I need to get to work. Luckily, work is only 10 minutes away.

Comment

• I get my Blu-ray version of it today, woot! (I haven't seen it, but read the book ages ago)
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                I get my Blu-ray version of it today, woot! (I haven't seen it, but read the book ages ago)
                By and large, it is aces. Dinklage is ****ing amazing, as is the girl they cast as Arya. There was a rather mystifying decision to create a role of a whore, but otherwise, ****ing brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  By and large, it is aces. Dinklage is ****ing amazing, as is the girl they cast as Arya. There was a rather mystifying decision to create a role of a whore, but otherwise, ****ing brilliant.
                  Mystifying? The answer is in the "visitors found this page by searching for" section.

Comment

• Lori
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      As long as they don't **** around with the plot too much (1st season I hear follows pretty closely, but there is talk of second season moving some things from 3rd book over - RW better not be one of them!)
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• They did the same thing with lord of the rings. The first movie was spot on other then deleting a few unnecessary scenes (Tom Bombidill, etc...) just to make sure the faithful didn't complain too loudly but the moment it became a successful they totally ****ed up book 2 and 3.

Comment

• Difference being that Tolkein (at least J.R.R.) was dead while George R.R. Martin is still alive and an exec producer. So hopefully that'll help.

Comment

• I'll be watching. If they wipe out the entire Horsey/Sheepy tribes (with the exception of Iain Glen and Princess Perkytits) in episode 1, all will be well.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                              I'll be watching. If they wipe out the entire Horsey/Sheepy tribes (with the exception of Iain Glen and Princess Perkytits) in episode 1, all will be well.
                              You needed worry about the horsey/sheepy folks anymore; there will still be a handful of horsey survivors around, but the things you found most bothersome about it (horse this, horse that, horse horse horse) are long gone.

Comment

• I WIN!

Next challenge. See if Woman With Vagina can go two consecutive episodes without getting her muff out for reasons entirely unjustified by the plot.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X