Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5. Her Dad has disowned her.

Comment

• I'm annoyed that the maesters don't wear choke chains like they are supposed too. What's up with that?
      "

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
        5. Her Dad has disowned her.
        That is sad.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Rawwwk.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Nice.

Too bad he didn't play the bass part with a pick though.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                The dude wasn't leaving for a night, he was goin to help his bro fight the king (treason & desertion?) - and he gets a pass while the poor schmuck who was "sentenced" to serve at the wall for "poaching" some Lord's animal lost his head literally because he ran away from the bogeymen in pure shock. I dont think its a coincidence the author dealt Ned a similar fate, but I haven't read the books and thats where the nuance is to be found...

I am only at episode 8 and haven't seen the show when he "leaves" but the book is incredibly clear (I finished book 1 last night). The higher ups completely expected Jon to run on hearing the news of his fathers death and in fact he was observed leaving. The commander gives Jon a speech that essentially has the message " do you think I am new at this?? I expected you would leave and I expected you would return as a matter of honor". When Jon protested he intended to continue, the commander said " I didn't say who's honor" (indicateing he expected the other young men to fetch him). Bottom line is that they are not looking to behead useful people on a whim but if Jon had continued, the ravens would have been sent and there would have been people looking for him and waiting for him-- with fatal consequences

There is also the line that someone quoted that if they beheaded every young man that went to Mole Town, only ghosts would man the walls. It is a brotherhood after all so any chastity elements of the oath seem to be ignored.

The redheaded whore who moves from Winterfell to Kings landing gets larger play in the tv show as I don't even recall her much in the book-- I can only think she has a larger role later-- or perhaps she is just there to provide the boob shots that are required in each and every episode. Its easy, after all, to fit in some necessary conversation as having happened at a whorehouse.

I thoroughly enjoyed book 1-- hope to finish the TV series tonight-- I am already 10 pages into book two
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Rawwwk.

****ing A!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                    The redheaded whore who moves from Winterfell to Kings landing gets larger play in the tv show as I don't even recall her much in the book--
                    You do not recall her because it's not in the books

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                      The redheaded whore who moves from Winterfell to Kings landing gets larger play in the tv show as I don't even recall her much in the book-- I can only think she has a larger role later-- or perhaps she is just there to provide the boob shots that are required in each and every episode. Its easy, after all, to fit in some necessary conversation as having happened at a whorehouse.
                      Sexposition.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Fistandantilus View Post
                        You do not recall her because it's not in the books
                        She is mentioned in the books.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Seriously? I don't remember her at all, and I just read the ****ing things. Christ, I must be getting old.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• She is like a 1 line mention.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• I call bull**** until you can cite it with at least two supporting references.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Reference #1: The book Game of Thrones! I can't look up page no, have lent the book out.
                                Reference #2: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ros#In_the_books
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X