Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy:
    Spoiler:

Ah I see that you got to the famous crossbow bit What with that and the Red Viper vs. Mountain fight the end of ASoS is pretty damn good. The next book is A Feast for Crows and Martin had a hell of a time writing this one since he wanted the plotlines of some characters to skip ahead a few years and he wanted the plotlines of some characters to continue right away which lead to lots of headaches and rewrites from him and some problems in the text. Generally the chapter-by-chapter quality is just as high as any other book, but there's no Tyrion, Dany or Jon (they get lots of chapters in the fifth book instead) and bunches of new characters (some of who annoy some readers) instead and some pacing problems. It's got some really awesome scenes, some real good focus on religious elements that didn't get much spotlight in the first three books, but overall readers tend to place it on par with A Game of Thrones or last quality-wise in the series.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• In fairness, it's really only half a book. I've been trying to reserve judgment until ADWD.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• It would be nice to see the two books re-edited (by fans, if not officially) so that story isn't split down the middle.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Spoiler:
          WAIT.

What sort of ****ing sense does it make for Littlefinger to kill Jon Arryn? What possible motive could he have? Is the whole twincest angle a red herring? I do not understand.

And Zombie Lady Vengence Catelyn? What the ****ing ****?

900+ pages without Tyrion, Jon, or Dany? That is not going to be easy. Hopefully there is extra Arya to make up for it, along with more Davos and Jaime 2.0.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Ugh, AFfC spoilers Both make sense, I can explain them if you want, but that'd mean more spoilers...
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• No no, don't explain; the fact that it is explained is reason enough, but I am completely baffled at this point.

Comment

• I second Cort Haus' motion to have two separate threads. One for the TV
                series and speculation and another for the books. This is becoming ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                  I second Cort Haus' motion to have two separate threads. One for the TV
                  series and speculation and another for the books. This is becoming ridiculous.
                  +1
                  Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                  And notifying the next of kin
                  Once again...

Comment

• Done and done.

Comment

• Thanks, Guy

The Pimp is catching up with The Imp as the most interesting character.

Comment

• Yeah, just started reading the books on Friday, really are well written pieces of literature IMO, most fantasy books are trash.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Can't wait to see the reactions of newbies over at AV Club.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                            wow, wtf? They just killed off the star of the show
                            Last edited by Berzerker; June 13, 2011, 02:07.

Comment

• Yup. See how good we were about spoilers in this thread, when that big mother****ing anvil was about to drop?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	tyrion_250_1303738859.gif
Views:	1
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	9090491
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X