• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhh, didn't make that connection...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      Books > Movies or Shows Generally... and from what I've seen of the show, though I've really liked it, the books are far better.
      I'm sure no-one is disputing that, but for those people whose plans do not include reading the books now, the spoiler tags are what we need.

It could be said that seeing films of books that one has read are usually disappointing, whereas the other way round - reading books after seeing the film / series gives you that bit extra. Therefore, seeing the visual production before reading the books could give the best overall enjoyment.

Comment

• Maybe create a separate thread for books?
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Might be a good idea.

Guy

Spoiler:
          I had the exact same reaction to the Red Wedding. I think I actually put the book down for a bit to consider whether I wanted to continue. My reaction mirrors yours re: "rootable factions." I'm down to rootable characters. I've given up on factions.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Spoiler:
            Well, I just got to the part where the most fun character, arguably the most rootable, just apparently got his ass tossed into a dungeon cell after the Mountain crushed the Viper's head whilst staked to the mother****ing ground. If Tyrion's situation doesn't improve markedly, the fourth book is gonna be tough.

Comment

• while the spoiler tag is getting worked. arya was my fav for the first two episodes, before littlefinger and the imp took over, tell me is she gona turn into a damsel in distress?

yes or no in a spoiler tag please.

Comment

• while the spoiler tag is getting worked. arya was my fav for the first two episodes, before littlefinger and the imp took over, tell me is she gona turn into a damsel in distress?

Spoiler:
                More complex than yes or no, but no
                Last edited by Koyaanisqatsi; June 10, 2011, 17:03.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  More complex than yes or no, but no
                  ty

Comment

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                    while the spoiler tag is getting worked. arya was my fav for the first two episodes, before littlefinger and the imp took over, tell me is she gona turn into a damsel in distress?

She better not.

I want to see her stick some Lannisters with the pointy end and break her dad out of jail.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Spoiler:
                      Next couple of episodes will be fun
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Are you responding to me? I'm not opening the spoiler tag! I wonder if I got something right... hmm. No idea. I suppose I'll find out soon.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yes, I am, and no, you shouldn't.

Comment

• **** THE **** YES! YES YES YES! FINALLY!
                            Spoiler:
                            Tyrion!!! HALFMAN! HALFMAN! HALFMAN!

Don't worry, TV-only folks; what I am cheering is almost 100% certainly not what you are thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                              Might be a good idea.

Guy

Spoiler:
                              I had the exact same reaction to the Red Wedding. I think I actually put the book down for a bit to consider whether I wanted to continue. My reaction mirrors yours re: "rootable factions." I'm down to rootable characters. I've given up on factions.

-Arrian
                              Spoiler:
                              I think that's Martin's point. None of the factions are as good or as bad as the various point-of-view make them out to be. It's actually really been down to good and bad (and somewhere in between) characters from the start. The red wedding is just the biggest kick in the ass (of many) to make us see that.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• The book spoiler discussion is getting good, I just can't wait to see Guy's reaction to...

Spoiler:
                                Zombie Catelyn
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X