No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That last shot of Tyrion and Tywin when the barbs demand he fights with them is just awesome.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha View Post
      Yeah. I'd say, "Well, at least **** can't get any worse," but after reading ~2.75 books of this so far, I know better. I'm just wondering exactly how, the leading contender obviously being

Spoiler:
      **** really hits the fan at the Wall,

with the dark horse being

Spoiler:
      Melisandre does something super-duper evil and bat**** nuts with her crazy shadow womb powers.

I also have to think that

Spoiler:
      Arya is still alive,

because that would be entirely too ****ing grim otherwise, but even so,

Spoiler:
      **** could hardly get worse for her.

Martin really is a bastard, ain't he?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Guy, you're a bastard. I've been trying to hold off buying the books, and getting them from the library, but I don't think I can last...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Book 3, page 700ish:

WHAT THE ****ING ****?!

Did that really just happen?! ****!

And yep .

Spoiler:
          We are talking about the Red Wedding, right?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, we are. **** **** ****ity ****.

Spoiler:
            In the grand game of thrones, this leaves roughly one rootable faction, and it is way the **** on the other side of the world, and it is the descendant of unmitigated bat**** crazy evil.

Comment

• Spoiler:
              Two rootable factions . And a few others who are rootable but unfactioned at this point. And besides, Martin kind of seems to like the idea that every group has their crap.

Oh, and keep reading . There is a reason the 3rd Book is so beloved
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• *sigh*

Thread is taken over by the book people.

The spoiler tags are appreciated though.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Spoiler:
                  If you are referring to the King in the Narrow Sea, he is an odd mix of likable and unlikable, and Davos is certainly very likable, but their rootability is considerably hampered by Melisandre and her cronies. I like Mance as well, but not many of his friends; so unless he eliminates the Weeper, et al, and realigns with Jon, Sam, and the rest of the Watch, I think we're jolly well ****ed.

And if you are referring to Beric and his merry band of rogues, they certainly aren't a major player in the game, more's the pity.

Don't fret, I sure as **** ain't stopping now.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                    The likeable factions are Jon Snow and the Night's Watch and Dany's band of Targaryen would be conquerers... of course it seems they are destined to meet... Martin of course puts a wrench to even the most well laid thoughts.

I will... say no more

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                      *sigh*

Thread is taken over by the book people.

The spoiler tags are appreciated though.
                      Books > Movies or Shows Generally... and from what I've seen of the show, though I've really liked it, the books are far better.

Comment

• Guy:

Spoiler:
                        Why can't you root for Littlefinger?

Comment

• Kuci:

Spoiler:
                          Cause that would mean Sansa wins Though she has gotten better

Comment

• Aaaaah yes, there's always that part of A Storm of Swords I was waiting for your reaction to that. The last few hundred pages of A Storm of Swords are some of the best in the entire series, much awesome and heartbreak yet to come, including what is probably the fan favorite scene in the series:

Spoiler:

Elia of Dorne!
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                              Guy:

Spoiler:
                              Why can't you root for Littlefinger?
                              Spoiler:
                              Just read the part where he steals Sansa away, after he somehow apparently arranged Joff's death? Maybe? Little confused on that point, to be honest. Killing Joff is nothing but a huge plus, but I've a hard time forgiving his doublecross of Ned, not to mention framing Tyrion--twice over. And if he puts the moves on Sansa? Ew.

Also, Jon & the Watch are not part of the "game", so far as I've read.

Comment

• Guynemer: explanation of what you're confused about:
                                Spoiler:

From rereading the order of events SEEMS to be (this is all based on ASoS stuff, no spoilers just connecting the dots):
                                1. Mace Tyrell meets Littlefinger and he agrees to ally with the Lannisters if his daughter gets to be queen.
                                2. Blackwater. Poor Stannis.
                                3. The Queen of Thorns is concerned about her granddaughter marrying Joffrey, due to Joffrey possibly being a psycho.
                                4. The QoT investigates Joffrey, with possible help from Littlefinger(?) and gets info from Sansa.
                                5. The QoT decides that Joffrey is a psycho. She does not approve. It's bad for her personally and politically. So she decides to do something about it because she is a badass granny. If Margaery marries Tommen instead that puts her and the Tyrell family in a much better position (he's a nice kid and Margaery could influence him a lot easier than Joffrey the pscyho).
                                6. The strangler poison gets put inside a hollowed out opal in Sansa's hairnet thingie.
                                7. The QoT straightens out Sansa hairnet and probably palms some of the poison.
                                8. The poison gets put in Joffrey's cup, presumably by the QoT.
                                9. Tyrion pours out the dregs of the poisoned wine onto the floor. Because ?????

What Tyrion knows about all this: ???????????????
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X