No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrion is now officially the tallest Lannister.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I hope he survives.

Meanwhile ppl demand a recount...err...remake:

A petition, signed by 500,000 fans, is urging HBO to remake series eight with "competent writers".

I agree with the "rushed" point, but the "the show is bad when the ending is different from the ending I wanted" point is kinda meh.

Blah

Comment

• Yeah, no different then a star wars, it's just a story, enjoy what you can and don't take it so seriously.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          I hope he survives.

Meanwhile ppl demand a recount...err...remake:

A petition, signed by 500,000 fans, is urging HBO to remake series eight with "competent writers".

I agree with the "rushed" point, but the "the show is bad when the ending is different from the ending I wanted" point is kinda meh.
          man if only that worked and we could get a proper ending to Carnivale. too bad most of the actors in that are either too old or have gotten too famous.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• If the leak about Bran the cripple becoming king is true then D&D simply must commit ritual suicide for ruining what used to be the best series on television. Sapuku is the only way to wash away such shame.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Wonder if this is along the same ending Martin has in store.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                now Jon has no choice but to slay deneris
                Being right all the time is a habit for me

Comment

• While it couldn't be perfect and satisfy everyone, I think it was adequate.
                  I liked the tributes to the past. The chair scene, the hand of the kings book. And at least Jon got to pet his buddy.

The laugh when Sam suggested a true democracy was good to.

The council meeting was a bit too flippant for me. But it was the season finale so I'll concede it as ok.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I agree with RAH. Not one of their best episodes but a pretty good one. I loved the opening scene with Dany where Drogon appears behind her and sprieads his wings so it looks like she has them. I was waiting for the laughs after Sam's suggestion. Wonder if that was a nod to some of the theories out there. Bran being King does make sense though I'm not sure the books will go that way. I also liked that the North stayed independent and was amused by the Council scene. Back to business as usual and Bron as Master of Coin?? And he is more concerned about brothels (though they will show up as soon as city is cleaned up if not before). I liked what they did with Arya though I would have liked for Nymeria to be with her. I knew as soon as they sentenced Jon to the wall that we would see Ghost again and that is why no hug in earlier episode. I figured Iron Throne would be gone but nice that Drogon did it.

The only thing is there weren't enough deaths. I really expected Grey Wolf to die but someone had to be in charge of the Unsullied and Dothraki. If we get the last two books more people will die.

Comment

• I was kinda disappointed - I do think the ideas were good, I liked several scenes too.

Sam proposing democracy getting laughed away was fun and a good demonstration of arrogance of power. The dragon/throne thing, him taking dead Daenerys away was good, so were other scenes.

But as finale for such a huge show it felt a bit lame to me. I blame it mostly on the "rushed" issue - the recent developments were not prepared carefully, so often felt forced, kinda like "oh what we only got 3,2,1 episodaes left, better hurry now". Maybe should have done two full seasons for 7 and 8.

Oh well, still it was a fantastic show overall, even with the weaker points.

Blah

Comment

• From the moment where Dany gave her speech and mentioned she wanted to liberate other cities the same way, she liberated Kings Landing,
                        noone in his or her right mind could still support her (at leat no Westerosi)

And still Jon found excuses for his queen and had to be convinced ny Tyrion regarding her evilness

All in all I liked the end.
                        With Jon now moving north with his beloved wildlings (instead of staying with the, now useless, Nights Watch)
                        and Arya becoming Captain Arya the Explorer (which I especially liked)
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                          I was waiting for the laughs after Sam's suggestion.
                          Except both the Night's Watch and the Ironborn select leaders by vote, and I'm pretty sure some cities in Essos do, too.

Bran being King does make sense though I'm not sure the books will go that way.
                          I'm very confident the books will go there, but it will be clear that Bran/three-eyed crow basically engineered the whole thing via manipulating prophecies and seeing history.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• From some click bait so don't know how reliable. Enough listed that you can pretty much figure out those that aren't listed. Salary per episode.
                            I wounder if Lena and Nikolaj got a mil for the final episode.
                            Still no respect for Sam and Theon.
                            I guess we only got 10k of acting from Bran per episode.

Kit Harington as Jon Snow – $500,000
                            Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister – $500,000
                            Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister – $500,000
                            Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger – $100,000 – $200,000
                            Conleth Hill as Lord Varys – $100,000 – $200,000
                            Rory McCann as The Hound – $100,000 – $200,000
                            Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont – $100,000 – $200,000
                            Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy – around $10,000
                            Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark – around $10,000
                            John Bradley as Samwell Tarly – around $10,000
                            Maisie Williams as Arya Stark – $100,000 – $200,000
                            Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth – $300,000
                            Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei – $100,000
                            Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth – $100,000 – $200,000
                            Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister – $500,000
                            Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell – $100,000 – $200,000
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I hope Arya will wear a Columbus face for discovering the continent west of Westeros, called Aryassos.

I think there should have been some mystery/prophecy/BranWisdom that the WWs can never be defeated fully, just stopped for a millenium or so, but then after some time a new night king may emerge somewhere in the cold north. Because the night is dark and full of terrors.

(but if they do it now for another show it will be seen as a cheap move to bring'em back somehow).
                              Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Except both the Night's Watch and the Ironborn select leaders by vote, and I'm pretty sure some cities in Essos do, too.

I'm very confident the books will go there, but it will be clear that Bran/three-eyed crow basically engineered the whole thing via manipulating prophecies and seeing history.
                                When Tyrion was nominating Bran he responded cryptically (so typical) saying he was meant to be there or something to that effect. He was meant to be king?

Comment

Working...
                                X