No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUH. Varys coming back to Westeros to Die. Cercei only having 3 children. Another mad ruler.
    And there's still an episode left.
    I think it would have been easy to let Dany be merciful and end up with a happy ending but they stayed true to her descending into madness that had been foreshadowed in all the previous seasons.
    Was it perfect, no, of course not, but many seem to go a tad overboard with their hate.
    The hound who feared his brother and fire, dies to both.
    Cercei dies being crushed by her symbol of power.
    Another coin flip, comes up madness.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      While not at the hand of her brother, most likely holding the hand of her brother.....

• That dragon wrench did all that in order to "poison" the throne. Now Jon can't have it. She wasjealous Jon was liked and she wasn't so she burned the whole city, now she's hated all over the world and everyone who will rise to the throne will be hated. Time for democracy

Comment

• However, did cercei really give the order for the bells to ring? Or did some passer by said freck her I'm gonna ring the bells?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        You saw her stand in the tower and react to the bells being rung... she did not order it.

• If Cersei had managed to escape, there would be no way for her to repay all those loans from the Iron Bank of Braavos. The Iron Bank would have ended up hiring the faceless men to kill her and that would have been the perfect set up for Arya to do the job.......
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• There's alot of hate going on about this episode, but I have to disagree. Not only do I disagree, but the ease with which the depleted forces took down everything Cercie had brought more meaning to the battle of Winterfell. I think the war against the WW and Army of the Dead should have taken a couple of episodes and had them making it further south (have the living lose at Winterfell and Moat Calin then making a last stand with the Dornish included at the Twins where Arya could do her thing there) then a single episode, like we got with the Bells, as the next to last episode leaving the last to finish off the Iron Throne. I am back to being happy(ish) with the series.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• So, were the first horsemen into King's Landing dothraki? They carried the scimitar-like weapons...
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
            So, were the first horsemen into King's Landing dothraki? They carried the scimitar-like weapons...
            They were
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Didn't the white walkers wipe them out?
              Last edited by Uncle Sparky; May 14, 2019, 03:33.

• Proteus_MST
              Proteus_MST commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, afew survived and fled to the friendly lines.

But yes, considering that both, the Unsullied and the Dothraki suffered lots of losses in Winterfell ...
              and the Unsullied suffered further severe losses near Dragonstone (when Eurons fleet ambushed them),
              it makes not much sense how many of them seem to have survived
              (especially if we look at the trailer for episode 6, where Daenerys enters Kings Landing surrounded by her troops and we see huge masses of Unsullied)

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
            There's alot of hate going on about this episode, but I have to disagree.
            Me too.

I absolutely liked it, even if there's still legitimate reason to moan about things. Dany's one-man...err one-woman-army deciding everything. Varys being offed too quickly/obvious, maybe more.

But IMO some of the main things were truly great - hate filled Dany's orgy of destruction, the change from Cersei smiling arrogantly down her tower to being totally desparate at the end, Arya starting to care more about living ppl again, as opposed to (mainly) just wanting to kill her enemies, Jon realizing in what the "good" side was doing in the city, Clegane vs ZombieClegane etc.

What dissappointed me most about the show is actually that they built up the "year-long winter" topic over several seasons so intensely that I imagined it as some kind of apocalyptic mini ice age for all of Westeros with lots of dead being caused by winter alone, even before the WWs invaded - but instead got only a more winterish look (that and the long night being just one long night).

However, I really liked this recent ep.

Last edited by BeBMan; May 14, 2019, 05:23.
            Blah

Comment

• now Jon has no choice but to slay deneris

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                now Jon has no choice but to slay deneris
                If he does, he would rise a lot in my opinion.
                IMHO he is too much of a wimp to actually kill Dany himself,
                but instead will find excusations for the atrocities of "his queen".
                (may change, if Daenerys announces she is going to punish Sansa for her betrayal (by telling Tyrion about Jons heritage), however)
                Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 14, 2019, 18:02.
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  If Cersei had managed to escape, there would be no way for her to repay all those loans from the Iron Bank of Braavos. .
                  She had already paid off all the old debt with the gold taken from High Garden. So I'm sure she had few loans out then prior.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Didn’t she have to take out another big loan to pay for the Golden Company?

• From what I read ppl have lots of hate particularly for Dany going full evil. I liked her character myself a lot (and still do to some extent) but I think it was a healthy cold shower. It's not like it was totally out of the blue, the potential was always there, just moderated by those around her before, and while I wouldn't have predicted _this_ the show never seemed to be about simple happy endings.

It kinda remined me on the Stannis thing - he was already burning ppl before (or let the Red Woman do it), but many still saw him as good choice for the throne - until the show threw it back in their faces when he let it happen to Shireen without stopping it. It's not pretty, but a clever point to make nonetheless IMO.

Oh well, some say it's just TV, nobody gets reeeaaally killed. Unbelievable

One thing I wondered most about last ep. was how Jaime got into the city after they gates were closed. I thought he'd give away his gold hand to bribe some guard to let him in still. But nooo.
                  Blah

Comment

• amazingly they built all those defenses and left a 'secret' passageway from the red keep to underground tunnels leading to the sea. Tyrion told him about it, perhaps the same way he escaped after killing Daddy

so Jaime somehow knew where to find the secret entrance

Comment

• Well it was 'secret' And yeah, it was the same way he got out previously.
                      The how Jaime found it, I can't defend
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think the last episode will be all about reconstruction...
                        Blah

Comment

Working...
                        X