No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe it was more the magic of the dragonglass and not the function as a dagger that finished it off.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
      A good article on how bad the tactics were in the battle. I also wondered why there was no pitch on walls.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/4/3...sKyy4gd-KDbW30
      Aye, I agree with most of the things written in the article.
      With the exception of one:
      Also, they’ve got all this dragonglass, and they didn’t coat the top of the walls with it.
      Actually, they did coat the top of the Merlons with dragonglass, you could clearly see this in episode 2.
      For unknown reasons they didn't coat the crenels as well, however.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• How many episodes are there going to be? 7?
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          6. After tonight, 2 left.

• Just came here to say that battlestar galactica and Lost endings have nothing on this garbage. I saw this coming all the way back in episode 9 of season 4 with the wildling battle at the wall.
        "

Comment

• What do vegan white walkers eat?

Spoiler:
          Bran
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• The recent episode revealed once more the glaring shortcomings in the military leadership of the - supposed - good side. Despite having an arsenal of two dragons there was a total lack of aerial reconnaissance leading to ...errrm....ummm...stuff.

Overall, slow start (kinda expected after last week), but got better. Wondering if the rifts between them good guys will lead to real drama this time or just play out nicely like the earlier Sansa-Arya mini-conflict that ended with the predictable guy's end (L-finger)
            Blah

Comment

• It was also crazy to appear with this little force of Unsullied before KL.

Considering that her Unsullied must have walked the whole distance from Dragonstone to KL, Dany could have as well waited for Jon to arrive,
              I believe he must be, at a maximum, 1-2 weeks away.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I thought it was just for negatiation - this time.

I also think Queen D could have devastated a big part of Euron's fleet with a swift flanking attack even with only one dragon left since the big scorpion-catapult-thingies looked cumbersome to rotate...
                Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                  I thought it was just for negatiation - this time.

Well, if I were Cersei, I would just have sent a large cavalry detachment of the Golden Company against Dany in order to get rid of Dany.
                  And/Or aimed one ot the Scorpions on KLs walls at her and fired.

I think Dany was well within range of the Scorpions of Kings Landing when she stood there with her entourage (considering their range in the fleet battle), so any attempts by Drogon to protect her would have resulted in Drogons dead ... et voila, all Targaryen threats to Cerseis throne would have been averted (well, aside from the small band of rebels at the hand of Aegon II / Jon, of course, which, I guess, would have been no real threat, considering the strength of the golden company and Jons ineptitude at military strategy/tactics)

Comment

• Yeah, she blows up a church but respects a negotiation. Not very Cersei like.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• They really should pay more attention... a Starbucks cup on the table...

I didn't know they had a Starbucks in Winterfell

Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Maybe it's called StarkBucks in GoT.
                        Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                          Just came here to say that battlestar galactica and Lost endings have nothing on this garbage. I saw this coming all the way back in episode 9 of season 4 with the wildling battle at the wall.
                          I am hoping the books have a better ending.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I'm thinking he's toast well before he finishes and you will be waiting a long time.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The scene where the incestious kingslayer started following the panzer in order to boing her for the first time and the dwarf started filling the red beareded northener's cup with wine has got to be one of the funniest ever in TV series.
                              I literally laughed out loud

Comment

Working...
                              X