No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As my brother pointed out, it would make the DVD set much more entertaining if they had all the alternative endings so you see whoever you wanted to die, die.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Now THAT, I might watch.

• Hopefully Tyene Sand gets revived by a white walker and returns as a beautiful wight
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      Hopefully Tyene Sand gets revived by a white walker and returns as a beautiful naked wight
      FTFY
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        As my brother pointed out, it would make the DVD set much more entertaining if they had all the alternative endings so you see whoever you wanted to die, die.
        Sounds like how this forum works with being patient.

Comment

• go have a heart attack

Comment

• I still believe the season 8 plot leaks from a certain youtube channel as their season 7 plot leaks were all spot on.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I guess this thread needs a bump today.

So what was you favorite one liner or exchange from the opener.

Was it the cringe worthy Sam discussion about his father's fate?

Mine was the Hound/Arya reunion.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Dinner
                Dinner commented
                Editing a comment
                Hound and Arya was good but so was Sansa and Tyrion.

• Unexpectedly, I really enjoyed Emilia Clarke's delivery this episode.

Sansa: What do dragons eat, anyway?

Dany: Whatever they want.

Jon: What if [Rhaegal] doesn't want me to [ride him]?

Dany: Then I've enjoyed your company, Jon Snow.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yes, she was quite imperial.

Her exchange with Sam really gave him the opportunity to show off his acting chops.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Yes, she was quite imperial.

Her exchange with Sam really gave him the opportunity to show off his acting chops.
                  Poor Sam

I had to kill your father, Sam

Well, good thing there still is my brother

Well ... about your brother ....

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Yeah, fortunately we were watching the recaps prior and I pointed out who they were when they got torched so my wife could appreciate that scene appropriately.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It seemed like a placeholder episode to set things up and not much else. Even the big R+L=J moment was rather a let down.

Comment

• The little mini spear with detachable dragonglass tip which Arya wants Gendry to make for her seems interesting though it would be a poor weapon in real life. Speaking of stupid weapons the Hounds dragonglass Great Axe would break in two the first time it got used. If you look at real stone axe heads from the stone age they are much, much smaller because the material is brittle and breaks all the time. I saw a video of someone from New Guinea showing people how to use a stone axe to cut down a tree and it took two days because every other wack he had to stop and reflint nap an edge to the bloody thing.

Comment

• Speaking of the long dead brought back to life... Hi guys! Big GoT fan. We speculating in this thread?
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Of course we are speculating. That’s pretty much most of what we do here.

• I agree they were just setting the stage for things to come. Got them all together under one roof

Comment

Working...
                          X