No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked it, but it was simply too long. When each minute viewed is just one more minute closer to the end, I don't need the extra time spent on bed pans.
    The point was made quickly, and there was no need to drag it out.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, it played out a bit too long. I like the idea if they had spread it out during the episode, probably would have been funnier. (and made their point better)
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Finally watched the 1st ep. Liked it, but the "bed pans and latrines" part felt like taking an hour or so

Dragonstone shots were epic - good choice to show only parts of it earlier.

Wondering if Arya get's more to do than massacring bad guys (actually wondering if it has a neg. effect on her, path to the dark side etc.)
        Blah

Comment

• Arya is no longer "on the path" to the dark side.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Arya is no longer "on the path" to the dark side.
            So, she's arrived, then?
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Well, she surely isn't on such a dark path as the men of House Frey and House Bolton (who didn't hesitate to murder women ... among them a pregnant one ... and I don't have to mention Ramsay with his non consensual hardcore BDSM)
              And also not on an as dark path as House Lannister, except Tyrion (need not be explained)

She only murdered the male members of House Frey, who more than deserved it (don't think Cersei or Roose would have spared the women if roles were reversed )
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Yeah, so far they always made her kill someone who "derserved" it in one way or the other - the guy in the tavern who had killed her friend (and stole needle), then Maryn Trant who took his sadistical tendencies to the little girls (and was also conveniently on her hit list).

But for example in case of Dany there was some reflection on whether it's wise to pay back everything in the same way, adding some ambiguity to her character, yet not much in that regard for Arya. Now that she takes out ppl in larger numbers I'm wondering if they just continue the "they deserved it" line or come up with some great conflict of good vs. bad Arya

Or maybe they go with "I can kill guys in scores when I want, but once it's done I'm drinking with Ed, just to show my human side"...

Blah

Comment

• I mean sure, Arya isn't yet "killing younglings" dark side, but she's pretty far gone if you ask me.

Anyway, after seeing tonight's episode, I predict that...
                  Spoiler:
                  ...Theon gets picked up by Gendry, who's still rowing.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Spoiler:

Jorah Mormomt may get healed thanks to Samwell (the procedure looked very very painful however ... skinning of all affected parts .. nice cut from the skinning to the food in the tavern btw. )

Bad thing that noone of Danys allies knew anything about the 1000 ships that Cersei now has under her control ... likewise bad that the Lookouts on Yaras ships didn't seem to care about looking out at night (or that they were asleep on their posts), so that Eurons ships could ambush them without any problems

Good:
                    Tyene Sand has survived. Guess with Tyene and Ellaria, Euron now has the perfect present for Cersei

Bad:
                    Eurons fleet may delay the conquest of Westeros by Danaerys Stormborn (of the House Targaryen, First of her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons), especially now that Danys fleet (or at least a good part of it) has been destroyed and her admiral been captured

(Couldn't Euron wait a little bit with attacking? After all it was starting to get interesting between Ellaria and Yara )
                    Last edited by self biased; July 24, 2017, 07:58.
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Proteus, please use spoiler tags.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• O.K.

Spoiler:

I wonder btw. what will happen to Tyene.
                        IMHO there are 2 different possibilities:

1. Cersei takes care that she is slowly tortued to death in front of Ellaria (so that Ellaria sees her own daughter die just as Cerseis daughter died thanks to Ellaria)

2. Considering that Bronn has a crush on Tyene (and she saved his life) Bronn takes step to save Tyene. Maybe he convinces Jamie to convince Cersei, that Tyene becomes Bronns wife so that (after Ellarias excution) someone loyal to the Lanniters becomes he new lord of Dorne. This way both sides win ... Bronn gets a beautiful and intelligent noblewoman (and gets his own realm to rule), Tyene gets saved from certain death (and gets a husband she also likes) and the Lannisters prevent a rebellion in Dorne

Problem with Possibility 2 (despite the fact that I would like this outcome) is, that Cersei is known to often act rather irrational

Comment

• that Cersei is known to often act rather irrational
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• One would think fire breathing dragons would make incredible anti-wooden ship weapons.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              I mean sure, Arya isn't yet "killing younglings" dark side, but she's pretty far gone if you ask me.

Anyway, after seeing tonight's episode, I predict that...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...Theon gets picked up by Gendry, who's still rowing.
                              Hehe

I predict that...
                              Spoiler:
                              Arya will marry Hot Pie in the end, and they will always have fresh bread.

I really liked the scene of the two together - Arya's habits (the way of eating, drinking, laconic answers) reminded me a lot on those of the Hound.

As for Mormont,

Spoiler:
                              ...he has to survive since he was announcing the location when he was travelling around with Dany's gang/group/army. For example when approaching Yunkai, the Yellow City, he exclaimed loudly: "Yunkai, the Yellow City!". These important infos are missing now. I only noticed Dany arrived at Dragonstone because of Dragons flying overhead....

Other than that,

Spoiler:
                              ...I find the conflict between Sansa and Jon about his decisions (starting last season) somewhat "artificial" - I kinda expect that they will do well together in the end, if they get actual opponents it would be a major surprise. OTOH maybe under the influence of Baelish....

However, I always had the theory that the fate of the Stark kids is (roughly) mirrored by those of their wolves - so Sansa could have a bad ending.Which would be a pity, as her character had one of the strongest developements in the show IMO

Blah

Comment

• I furthermore predict that Hodor will come back as undead. He will then be promoted to be the next Night King (mostly because of his rhetorical skills) and rule over anything that exists.
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X