No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And less in the series. The best episodes were Bran-free. (with maybe the exception of the Hodor origin one)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      An interesting fan speculation is that Bran goes to the God's Eye were green seers supposedly live in myth and there he perfects his time travel skills. People are speculating he might be the original Bran the Builder who built the wall, he might have been the source of the voices which drove the mad king mad, or maybe he is even the person who becomes the Night's King.

So many possible twists in the tale of Bran.
      I will be very disappointed if all or even most of The Last Harpy's speculations about all the Bandons being Bran turn out true. That's just too deus ex machina for me. I think the Bran character is best when just being used to pass on information to the audience.
      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
      - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Agreed, the ONLY thing that character is good for.
        And those could be replaced with simple flashbacks, really.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I didn't watch the series, only read the books, and I understand the series has killed off Hodor. Question: who or what is Bran riding around on now?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
            I didn't watch the series, only read the books, and I understand the series has killed off Hodor. Question: who or what is Bran riding around on now?
            Bran wasn't featured all too much since the event that killed Hodor ...
            I think during the only times that the human Bran after Hodors death was featured, he was carried around by Meera Reed (the cute chick from the Reed twins) and/or traveled by horse.

Aside from this Bran only traveled with his mind (and covered large distances in space and time in doing so)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              Agreed, the ONLY thing that character is good for.
              And those could be replaced with simple flashbacks, really.
              Someone in the present needs to inform present characters of what was seen in the flashbacks.

I think the one flashback we still need is the love story between Rhaegar and Lyanna - the tourney at Harrenhal, and Raegar finding out that Lyanna was the Knight of the Laughing Tree (remember, he is the one Aerys sent to find the KotLT). I think it entirely possible that we will find that Rhaegar and Lyanna got married (Targaryns did practice polygamy, and Elia Martell may have accepted this second marriage as she could no longer bear children and Rhaegar needed another child, as "the dragon has three heads").

It could be important to the story that Jon is a legitimate Targaryn, as it would allow him to claim the throne when Danerys sacrifices herself to defeat the Night's King.
              The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
              - A. Lincoln

Comment

• If you hate yourself, take this awful quiz that boots you back to the beginning as soon as you answer a question wrong.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I refuse!

Just saying that it is ca a month to go until season 7 arrives? I don't think summer is a good time for TV However, I'm sure it will end with some cliffhanger
                  Blah

Comment

• I just want to watch the world burn.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Or freeze depending.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• 2nd trailer (starts a bit lame with old footage, but gets better):

Blah

Comment

• The trailers have very little Tyrion. Not sure that's the best strategy.

Comment

• Barick Dondarion has light bringer!
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              The trailers have very little Tyrion. Not sure that's the best strategy.
                              The entire show had only little Tyrion /cheap shot

(hmyeah, I needed this long to come up with that comment)

On a completely unrelated note, I think the blue guy on that trailer preview looks unintentionally funny.
                              Blah

Comment

• Winter may be coming, but July 16 is right around the corner
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X