No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am unsure why you turned this thread from discussing a power struggle involving boobies, swords and dragons to one mostly involving thick regulations manuals and frowny-faced guys in suits. Is that just more exciting to you? Would you like GRRM to work in more material about the effects of the war on lemon-cake bakers' supplies of tariff-free fruit?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• That'll come when he does the prequels.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I guess it's a good thing he'll be dead before he's even done the main series, then. If he has any next of kin, it'll be up to them to ruin his legacy for him, Brian Herbert style.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
          I am unsure why you turned this thread from discussing a power struggle involving boobies, swords and dragons to one mostly involving thick regulations manuals and frowny-faced guys in suits. Is that just more exciting to you? Would you like GRRM to work in more material about the effects of the war on lemon-cake bakers' supplies of tariff-free fruit?
          Yes.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I agree that it looks like the show writers realized they ****ed up badly in season five by going so far off of the book plot line so now they are belatedly trying to fix things. You are right that D&D just don't seem to have the nack for writing dialogue which GRRM has so the quality of the writing has gone down as the show writers have to flesh out a basic plotline on their own without the benefit of having the book pre-written for them.
            Showrunner dialogue is fine. Some fan favorite lines in the series aren't in the book and a lot of the filler "we ran out of budget so two guys talk in a room" scenes have great dialogue. They're fine at individual scene with a few exceptions (Dorne) they're just terrible at organizing the scenes into plot arcs without the book outline to follow which often results in lazy kludges to nudge people back into position. They're also pretty bad at keeping episodes coherent instead of random grab bags which was just terrible in Season 2.

But no real problem with the dialogue, the acting is great and the production values are the best of any TV show ever made.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• So any guesses about what will happen in tomorrow's season finale? I am guessing Cersei found some of the mad king's old wild fire and plans to burn the Sept of Baylor but that it gets out of control and burns most of Kingslanding. Dany should finally sail towards Westeros and I will be sad if Bran doesn't cause the wall's magic to fail kicking off the white walker invasion of the seven kingdoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                ...I will be sad if Bran doesn't cause the wall's magic to fail kicking off the white walker invasion of the seven kingdoms.
                People keep mentioning this, but I don't know how it happens without Bran being even more of an idiot than we've already seen him be.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• never underestimate the destructive capacity of incompetence, Lori.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Last night I learned that Yara (Asha) has a terrific ass.
                    Aye, that she does, but we wouldn't have been reduced to noticing such details in season one now, would we?

Comment

• Season 1 was the season of Littlefinger's sexposition.

Comment

• Anyway, if the Wall does fall tonight, I'm totally starting a "Brandon, when the Wall fell" meme.

Comment

• Could this be the day both the wall falls and Kingslanding burns? We shall find out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            People keep mentioning this, but I don't know how it happens without Bran being even more of an idiot than we've already seen him be.
                            The Night's King's mark caused the CotF's magical protections to fail and supposedly the wall has magic from the CotF which keeps the white walkers out. Yes, Bran would have to be dumb but what is the alternative? To live beyonf the wall forever? My guess is he just doesn't know enough about how CotF's magic works and anyone who could have told him is now dead.

Comment

• Given how quickly Varys was able to move back and forth across the Narrow Sea, I think this confirms the Varys is a merman theory.

Comment

• Yep, a teleporting Varys. That said it was a hell of an epispde and a long time in coming. I think it passed the red wedding in character body count.

Comment

Working...
                                X