No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, here I come with my big stabby sword to HORSE IN THE FACE!
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda HORSE IN THE FACE!
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• You really like that horse in the face scene.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I was thinking about Stannis's defeat and I was kind of wondering how it happened though the tv show didn't go into detail. Stannis was one of the most experienced battle commanders in the seven kingdoms and he had an equal sized force though one which had marched a long way. The red witch had him burn his own daughter to supposedly secure victory yet he still lost. I wonder if his soldiers lost faith in him because of that act of barbarity? Thos would have been the first time the Bolten force had fought together so Stannis's force shpuld have had an advantage on that account.

In the books we last saw Stannis's march south held up by deep and unending snow with his southern fighters lacking the clothing for a winter in the far north. They start running low on supplies and he even orders a few men burned alive because they resort to cannibalism. His wife and daughter are not with him so burning either is not possible. Stannis also captured Asha Greyjoy at the battle of the Stonyshore where he mops up the last of the Iron born raiders and we also know Theon Greyjoy escapes winterfell rescuing Jayne Poole (the daughter of the old steward of Winterfell whom the Boltons try to pretend is Sansa because they cannot find the real daughter of Ned Stark). Theon informs Stannis about traitors in his Army, the one northern house who joined Stannis actually plans on betraying him so Stannis has them executed before they can pull off their plan. As the chapter ends the Bolton forces are just arriving to attack Stannis's camp. So it sounds like the books are going to turn out very different from the tv show but maybe Stannis does die anyway.

Comment

• Subscribe to the Game of Thrones YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10qIOanNew episodes of Game of Thrones air every Sunday at 9PM, only on HBO.Connect with Game of Thr...

The preview for the extra long season finale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Last night I learned that Yara (Asha) has a terrific ass.
              I was reminded of Missandei's one.
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Yarerys/Ashaerys ... I definitely ship this
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  I was thinking about Stannis's defeat and I was kind of wondering how it happened though the tv show didn't go into detail. Stannis was one of the most experienced battle commanders in the seven kingdoms and he had an equal sized force though one which had marched a long way. The red witch had him burn his own daughter to supposedly secure victory yet he still lost. I wonder if his soldiers lost faith in him because of that act of barbarity? Thos would have been the first time the Bolten force had fought together so Stannis's force shpuld have had an advantage on that account.
                  Stannis's troops had mostly deserted before the battle began. The morning after Ramsay's successful burning of the supplies, Davos tells him that half the men have deserted. There is another mass desertion. In this image http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150616101353 you can see that Stannis's army is small and is breaking up even as the Bolton cavalry flanks it.
                  The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                  - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Ramsey definitely was the superior general ... especially superior to Jon SNow.

Bolton Phalanx
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Last episode actually set a new record for ratings.

Comment

• The thing I liked most about that episode was that it focussed on only two story arcs, unlike the others which try to get too many in, and cut between them too often. So much time is wasted with scene setting, reminders and so on.

Comment

• Uh oh. Turns out GoT was subsidized by EU funds to film in Northern Ireland. This funding is now in jeopardy.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                            Uh oh. Turns out GoT was subsidized by EU funds to film in Northern Ireland. This funding is now in jeopardy.
                            One reason mor for northern ireland, to perform the UKexit as soon as possible

Comment

• Naw, there is two years after the UK gives notice for an agreement so just don't give notice for the clock to start ticking until after an agreement has been reached. Junckers and his fellow ***** will be gone soon enough even without democratic accountability so wait it out until a sympathetic person comes to office then pull tge trigger. In the meantime weld that veto and grind the whole thing to a stop just to make sure everyone notices you are pissed off.

Eventually they will pay you just to leave.

Comment

• The ****bags in the EC want to punish you for not doing what they wanted? Fine, refuse to invoke article 50, use that veto to block everything, and keep ****ting in the punch bowl, and pissing in their faces until they agree to give you a better deal than you have now. Failing that just make sure the whole ****ing EU stops functioning until they do.

That is what I would do, anyway, but I am a bastard like that. Eventually, they will be forced to come to the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X