No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And is it really a guess that the Vale army will turn up. I thought Robyn was convinced by Baelish to send the army, commanded by Royce.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
      I want Gendry to turn up and claim the throne and challenge Tommen in a battle of the bastards.
      Now that would be a twist.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I want Gendry to turn up and claim the throne and challenge Tommen in a battle of the bastards.
        I thought the red priestess drained all his blood. Isn't Gendry officially dead in the show?
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
          I thought the red priestess drained all his blood. Isn't Gendry officially dead in the show?
          Gendry is still rowing
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• And still better than the alternative.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And is it really a guess that the Vale army will turn up. I thought Robyn was convinced by Baelish to send the army, commanded by Royce.
              Sansa wrote to Baelish telling him that he would be forgiven if he brought the Army to Winterfell, Plus, we have the image from the season teaser showing Jon leading a cavalry charge, and we know the Wildlings have no horses. So, no, I don't think it is a guess at all.
              The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
              - A. Lincoln

Comment

• My guess is gendry returns for the queen's trial.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by grumbler View Post
                  Sansa wrote to Baelish telling him that he would be forgiven if he brought the Army to Winterfell, Plus, we have the image from the season teaser showing Jon leading a cavalry charge, and we know the Wildlings have no horses. So, no, I don't think it is a guess at all.
                  Seems like we also have the letter to Blackfish.In it Sansa wrote that she wants him to be in charge of the Knights of the Vale:
                  Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CreepyMuffin.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    Seems like we also have the letter to Blackfish.In it Sansa wrote that she wants him to be in charge of the Knights of the Vale:
                    https://imgur.com/a/p2mfe#PgqohMA
                    Interesting. Especially since they cut the Blackfish out of the Vale in Season 1.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                      https://imgur.com/a/p2mfe#PgqohMA
                      That letter is almost certainly not to the Blackfish. She sent Lady Brienne and Pod to retrieve them. I couldn't see her sending him a Raven basically telling the Blackfish to leave River Run and go take command of another House's Army. Even if Sir Waymar Royce is a good man who fully supports Sansa (who is still a traitor to the crown), I doubt he would just meekly turn over his knights to a rebel, who possibly left House Arryn's service (I don't think the Blackfish served them in the show but I don't remember) or never served the Vale before.

If Sansa is trying to be a sneaky political backstabber, then her letter is most like to Sir Waymar Royce or Sweet Robin and she plans on out-maneuvering Littlefinger to put her in charge of both armies after the Knights of the Vale helps her reclaim the North. However, due to both time constraints placed on the story by the show and the Occam's Razor principle that the showrunners have been using throughout season 6, then the letter is to Littlefinger telling him she has changed her mind about his offer for help (since Jon and her were unable to raise an Army in the North capable of defeating Ramsay).

Though there is a good chance Littlefinger dies very soon unless he is absolutely critical to the story's end game. Every character that inhabits a tertiary arch in the book's story, like Prince Trystane, Sir Barristan Selmy, Doran Martell and possible Stannis have died in the show, or like Victarion Greyjoy, (f)Aegon Targaryen, Jon Connington and Lady Stoneheart have never existed in in the show or have had some other character replace them in the story.
                      Last edited by korn469; June 18, 2016, 15:05.

Comment

• Hm, you are right ... after all that makes sense ... Baelish gave her the promise to protect her (and broke it, in a way, by marrying her to Reeks Master)

Comment

• Neversmind
                          Last edited by grumbler; June 18, 2016, 23:26. Reason: obsolete
                          The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                          - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosh View Post
                            Interesting. Especially since they cut the Blackfish out of the Vale in Season 1.
                            My guess is that was one of the things they simplified from the books just vecause they didn't want to spend screen time explaining it. It would make sense to have the blackfish with the forces of the vale though as he had been in the vale for decades.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I think that since show Blackfish is dead, the letter really wasn't for him. That type of disappointment is more of a GRRM thing. If GRRM had of wrote Star Wars, the star destroyer gunners would have blown up C3P0 and R2D2 as they ejected in the escape pod basically keeping a young man (Luke) from becoming radicalized into an ancient religious order after the military strike on his home in the failed attempt to retrieve the droids.

Comment

• Double post
                                Last edited by korn469; June 20, 2016, 01:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X