A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    In case anyone missed it, I was just ranting about the implausibility of Yara and Theon managing to sneak off, summon up hundreds of loyal crew, mobilise a fleet, catch a tide and sail out to sea before anyone noticed or thought about trying to stop them.
    Seems like the rest of the men was too busy with drowning their new leader

The interesting question is, where Reek und Yara will go now ... doesn*t seem to be a safe haven for them anywhere ... especially not in the north, of course, after Reeks betrayal.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• They already said the iron born have lost everything they captured in the north so there is no point in going there. If I were them I would go south to set up shop in the stepstones and try to become the new pirate king.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        The story of black raven, the three eyed raven, still has my attention. He was a Targarian bastard, Hand of the King, he fought in the Dance of Dragons where the Targarians had a civil war which killed most of their dragons. He went north to join the Night's Watch but eventually became a greenseer for the CotF. He knew he was old, far beyond normal human years, and he was wedded to the tree with tree roots growing through his body (including his head with a root coming out of his lost eye) so he used his powers to find another greenseer to replace him and that was to be Bran Stark.

I noticed black raven did not want Bran to try to onfluence the past, maybe because Black Raven had once tried tp do so and ot had turne out bad. Black raven was the uncle to the Mad King who was said to hear voices when no one was there. Could it be Black Raven tried to talk to the mad king? To tell hom about the whote walkers and the need to burn the dead? That would explain the maf king's obsession with fire and "burning them all". So maybe Black Raven caused the mad king to burn Ned's father and brother thus starting off Robert's rebellion.
        Yep. I've seen that video as well. An interesting theory, and I hope it proves true.
        The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
        - A. Lincoln

Comment

• If Emilia Clarke ever has to pause for a longer time due to accident, pregnancy or whatever, PrisonBae might be the perfect person to replace her in her role (at least temporarily)

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• She'd steal the dragons.
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
              She'd steal the dragons.
              And use them on a crime spree through Westeros ...
              and every non gay or eunuch person on Westeros will volunteer to be her next victim

Comment

• She ain't ugly, no - a not-pale Princess Perky would look odd even with the hair bleach job, though.
                AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• The latest episode moved the story forward but wasn't all that interesting. Sam steals his father's sword and changes his mind about leaving her with his parents, Benjen Stark is coldhands, perky tits found her lost dragon, and the whole thing felt kind of boring.

Comment

• With the Riverlands plot coming up, I think this means we're getting
                    Spoiler:
                    Lady Stoneheart
                    !
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I think so but their timing is terrible as Lady Stoneheart was supposed to have been introduced shortly after the red wedding.

Comment

• I felt very disappointed. Anyone else feeling battle-is interruptis?
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• This whole season seems to be in a holding pattern. It's like they are using the whole season to set up the next season.
                          I WANT MORE ACTION!
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• GRRM did another chapter reading from Winds of Winter. Don't click the link unless you want to read a summary.

Spoiler:
                            Euron Greyjoy really is a saddist on Ramsey Snow's level. He used to rape and abuse his youngest brother, who he now has imprisoned and tortures, plus he admits to killing three of his other brothers including Theon's dad. He also wants to marry his niece.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              This whole season seems to be in a holding pattern. It's like they are using the whole season to set up the next season.
                              I WANT MORE ACTION!
                              Pretty disappointing that there was no bloodbath of the Sparrow guys after this buildup...At least I expected some rioting for not seeing Natalie Dormer walking around the streets nekkid...

The only thing I'm wondering is if the High Sparrow impressed King Tommen with his religious teachings or basically made him into his puppet because he knows Tommen is not Robert's son, but that of the "unholy alliance" of the Lannisters.
                              Blah

Comment

• At least I expected some rioting for not seeing Natalie Dormer walking around the streets nekkid...
                                Yes, most of the viewers were quite disappointed.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X