A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    In case anyone missed it, I was just ranting about the implausibility of Yara and Theon managing to sneak off, summon up hundreds of loyal crew, mobilise a fleet, catch a tide and sail out to sea before anyone noticed or thought about trying to stop them.
    Yeah, that part is dumb which is why the book was better at that detail. In the book her uncle wants to force her to marry him to strengthen his claim to the throne so she has time before the wedding to sneak off with one ship and a few loyal men but not more. Theon is still held by the Boltons but is convinced to help Jane Poole who the Boltons were pretending was Sansa. The real Sansa was still in the Vale and never married to Ramsey. Theon was trying to make up for his mistakes and save Jane to get back at Ramsey for torturing him and when last we saw him he had run to Stannis's camp who had defeated Yara and the force of last ironborn stationed on the Stoney Shore so that is how brother and sister are reunited as prisoners of Stannis.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I didn't like how they just digged out a new guy never heard before to avoid Theon or Asha getting to rule the Iron Islands.

I mean -- it's season 5 now. Maybe they introduce a new character who finally gets to rule Westeros in the very last episode ...
      Blah

Comment

• In the books he was mentioned in passing as well as that he was exiled by his brother for basically being a backstabber.
        Last edited by Dinner; May 27, 2016, 12:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          I didn't like how they just digged out a new guy never heard before to avoid Theon or Asha getting to rule the Iron Islands.

I mean -- it's season 5 now. Maybe they introduce a new character who finally gets to rule Westeros in the very last episode ...
          Be honest, you didn't care about the Iron Islands anyway. Also, since you know Asha's real name, you know Balon has brothers.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Princess Perkytits has an even bigger army now than before. Will both sets of Greyjoys be competing to bring them over to Westeros? I can see the dragons as the only hope to stopping the white walkers.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• No, just uncle not very nice guy.

Comment

• The story of black raven, the three eyed raven, still has my attention. He was a Targarian bastard, Hand of the King, he fought in the Dance of Dragons where the Targarians had a civil war which killed most of their dragons. He went north to join the Night's Watch but eventually became a greenseer for the CotF. He knew he was old, far beyond normal human years, and he was wedded to the tree with tree roots growing through his body (including his head with a root coming out of his lost eye) so he used his powers to find another greenseer to replace him and that was to be Bran Stark.

I noticed black raven did not want Bran to try to onfluence the past, maybe because Black Raven had once tried tp do so and ot had turne out bad. Black raven was the uncle to the Mad King who was said to hear voices when no one was there. Could it be Black Raven tried to talk to the mad king? To tell hom about the whote walkers and the need to burn the dead? That would explain the maf king's obsession with fire and "burning them all". So maybe Black Raven caused the mad king to burn Ned's father and brother thus starting off Robert's rebellion.
                Last edited by Dinner; May 28, 2016, 20:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Princess Perkytits has an even bigger army now than before. Will both sets of Greyjoys be competing to bring them over to Westeros? I can see the dragons as the only hope to stopping the white walkers.
                  The dragons won't stop the walkers directly. It would be too easy. It'll be the dragons are needed to forge the swords to fight them, Sam Tarly will uncover how to forge them.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Presumably Dragon Glass comes from sand that is smelted by dragon fire? I think the chemical used to burn all those ships in the harbor would be pretty useful too. Too bad the Children of the Forest didn't mass produce their incendiary grenades. They really need to invent the flamethrower.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• I thought dragon glass was just obsidian? But it's been a while since I read the books.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Same here.

Comment

• Yes. You 2 are right. I had forgotten.

Comment

• The new episode summary.

"Blood of My Blood" May 29, 2016
                            An old foe comes back into the picture. Gilly meets Sam’s family. Arya faces a difficult choice. Jaime faces off against the High Sparrow.

Comment

• Game of Thrones 6x06 "Blood of My Blood" - An old foe comes back into the picture. Gilly (Hannah Murray) meets Sam’s (John Bradley) family. Arya (Maisie Will...

The episode preview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                "Blood of My Blood"
                                I saw this name on IMDB awhile back and couldn't believe we'd gotten to season 6 without that being an episode title.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X