No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the new season airing in April and with the lead time needed to actually print the books and deliver them to bookstores it appears GRRM has to have the next book finished in the next 90 days or else it will not get released before the next season airs.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• He could release it as eBook/kindle
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        http://www.parentherald.com/articles...me-thrones.htm

With the new season airing in April and with the lead time needed to actually print the books and deliver them to bookstores it appears GRRM has to have the next book finished in the next 90 days or else it will not get released before the next season airs.
        He's probably got even less time than that, because of publishing schedules and the like. You could compare it to the race they had to release Iain Banks' "The Quarry" before he died, which failed.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
          Heeeeeeeeeeee's back.

I guess Jon Snow either survives or gets resurrected by the fire god.

Comment

I guess Jon Snow either survives or gets resurrected by the fire god.
            Surely the latter, considering that Melisandre was in a hurry to return to the castle of the nights watch.
            Maybe that was the real reason for her to convince Stannis Baratheon to send his daughter into the fire
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• In the books she never left Castle Black. She also has never been able to revive anyone despite repeated attempts and was angry that the drunk guy with the brotherhood without banners can.

My guess is Jon Snow does die but is brought back as this will free him from his vows to the Night's Watch and make him Azor Ahai reborn. Supposedly people revived lose much of themselves and feel less human but maybe Jon will warg into ghost and thus be able to pop back into his revived body or something.

Given that R+L=J this charter won't just be dying off. Or at least that is my guess.

BTW the whole burning his daughter thing also hasn't happened in the books nor has Stanislaus fought that battle where he loses on the TV show.

Comment

• Surprised that kiddy BBQ wasn't in the books. That was a real show-stopper.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

BTW the whole burning his daughter thing also hasn't happened in the books nor has Stanislaus fought that battle where he loses on the TV show.
                  So, in the books he could still become king, without having to become a zombie first

Comment

• In the books Stannis's Army is still stuck in the snow but both the queen and the daughter are back at Castle Black.

Proteus, I guess he could become King without dying but first the Night's Watch would have to be destroyed by the others or something. I guess we might see the wall fall in the next book or something. I don't know where that leaves us with the prophecy of the prince that was promised and Azor Ahai reborn.

Comment

• I remember Dany had a vision of the Iron Throne in the castle with the castle destroyed and the roof gone with snow falling all around it. As a side note others and white walkers can be killed by Valyrian steel, which is said to have been forged in dragon fire, and the Iron Throne was made by Aegon the Conquerer by having his dragon melt down the swords of all the enemies he had defeated. More than a thousand swords were used so the Iron Throne itself could be melted down to make 1000+ new Valyrian steel swords to fight the others (maybe more if they make spear points, arrowheads, or short swords).
                      Last edited by Dinner; November 29, 2015, 05:00.

Comment

I remember Dany had a vision of the Iron Throne in the castle with the castle destroyed and the roof gone with snow falling all around it. As a side note others and white walkers can be killed by Valyrian steel, which is said to have been forged in dragon fire, and the Iron Throne was made by Aegon the Conquerer by having his dragon melt down the swords of all the enemies he had defeated. More than a thousand swords were used so the Iron Throne itself could be melted down to make 1000+ new Valyrian steel swords to fight the others (maybe more if they make spire points, arrowheads, or short swords).
                        I for my partt understood it in a way that valyrian steel is a special kind of steel (special iron ore or special alloy ingredients) that needs the temperature of dragon fire to be melted firsthand and not just normal steel that was melted with dragon fire.
                        (with other words that, unless all swords of the iron throne were made oiut of valyrian steel firsthand, you would only get normal swords by dismantling the throne, even if you used a dragon to dismantling it)

Comment

• Spoiler:

Who will end up being a Targarian?

The dragon always has three heads, or so the saying goes, so there must be three Targarians for the story to be balanced. We know Dany is one but who are the other two? Maester Amon was a Targarian (Egg from the old Dunk and Egg series) but he is dead and was too old to fight at that time so he is out. Here is my list of possibilities:

Aegon - In both the books and the show a young teen said to be the son of Raegar and Elia appears but it is unclear if he really is a Targarian or an imposter. The Blackfires were Targarians bastards who rebelled and tried to conquer Westeros before getting driven across the narrow sea and the Blackfires swore to one day seat a Blackfires on the iron throne. Sadly, they went extinct in the male line and Illyerio's dead wife was the last know surviving female decendent. Illyerio has plotted with Varys to seat (F)Aegon on the throne so maybe Fake Aegon is Illyerio's son. Or he might be really Aegon.

Jon Snow - R+L=J. This seems almost certain.

There is one other pissibility.

Tyrion - His father and the Mad King had a huge falling out causing Tywin to give up being hand of the king, not help Aerys fight off Robert during his rebellion, and even betray Aerys and sack King's Landing. What was the fall out over? Could it be the mad king shagged Tywin's wife and that was why? We know Tywin also claimed Tyrion was not his son (even with his dying breath) and in the books all the other Lannisters have blond hair while Tyrion's is Targarians white.

I am thinking we will end up with Tyrion, Jon, and Dany being the three dragon riders. Hopefully with Jon married to his auntie Dany since that is how the Targarians roll.
                          Last edited by Dinner; November 29, 2015, 05:06.

Comment

• An alternative theory is that the Twin-cest couple are actually Targarians, due to Selmer saying the mad king took liberties with Tywin's wife during the bedding ceremony at their wedding and that he was obsessed with Tywin's wife, but that seems a long shot.
                            Last edited by Dinner; December 4, 2015, 21:08.

Comment

My guess is Jon Snow does die but is brought back as this will free him from his vows to the Night's Watch and make him Azor Ahai reborn. Supposedly people revived lose much of themselves and feel less human but maybe Jon will warg into ghost and thus be able to pop back into his revived body or something.
                              There's also this Coldhands character in the book that seems to be some kind of former brother of the night watch who resisted the full "turning" into a white walker and is still able to talk and help.
                              Maybe Jon can also become kind of Walkutus of the Walkers and help the humans from inside the Others.

Resistance is futile.
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Well, we already know how the last book of R.R. Martin will end:
                                Spoiler:

And finally, a few weeks after defeating Danaerys and her dragons, the king of the white walkers slew the last human on Westeros.
                                And from then on the white walkers lived in peace and harmony on Westeros, forever and ever

The End

Comment

Working...
                                X