A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    I am becoming increasingly concerned that one television series is not enough to contain the sheer magnitude of awesome that is Tyrion Lannister.
    QFMFT. Dinklage rules.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Imp

Comment

• I truly find it hard to believe that he can get more awesome.
        He's awesome enough by himself but when he as a few characters with him who are all fun characters in their own right and who are just great conversational partners for Tyrion, it just takes his awesomeness to a whole new level.

Just wait for the bits about the goats
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• ok, the dwarf got out of jail... How far into the books is that? How many more episodes? I have no idea where this is headed, but that guy getting his crown of gold

Comment

• I guess that had she thrown up the horse heart she would have had a girl?

Comment

• So has anyone else here seen episode 7 yet?

I totally watched it through entirely legal means, btw, despite living in a country where there is as yet no legal way to watch the series at all.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha View Post
                So has anyone else here seen episode 7 yet?

I totally watched it through entirely legal means, btw, despite living in a country where there is as yet no legal way to watch the series at all.
                Thanks
                watching it now.

Comment

• Now that was intense. Very good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    ok, the dwarf got out of jail... How far into the books is that? How many more episodes? I have no idea where this is headed, but that guy getting his crown of gold
                    Just a bit over the halfway point. We've got four episodes to go, they're doing pretty damn close to a tenth of a book in each one, with very few book scenes completely deleted, a lot of scenes broken up and/or severely shortened and quite a few new scenes added (you can usually tell which are the non book scenes by asking yourself "are people chatting without there being interesting conflict or the plot progressed in any way or are there random boobies for no good reason" because a lot of the exposition is done in the books via internal thoughts so they decided to shoehorn in a lot of annoying scenes to get the exposition done and as for the boobies, hey, it's HBO).

The first third of the book starts off pretty slow because of the ginormous character cast but as you can see from the show it sure as **** doesn't stay slow.

And, I'm so happy they didn't have Bronn do any of that stupid spinny **** while fighting. Yay Bronn! (mercenary dude who kills the guy for the imp)
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• are there random boobies for no good reason

contradiction

Comment

• Brilliant! Princess Blondie Perkytits gets to eat the heart of a horse! Because if there's one thing that godawful sub-plot needed, it was more horse symbolism!

It's getting beyond parody.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha View Post
                          So has anyone else here seen episode 7 yet?

Yes, I illegally watched it in a very illegal fashion and illegally enjoyed every illegal minute, especially the naked bits with the cheeky tart. I mean, if they weren't already they certainly should be illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                            Yes, I illegally watched it in a very illegal fashion and illegally enjoyed every illegal minute, especially the naked bits with the cheeky tart. I mean, if they weren't already they certainly should be illegal.

Comment

• Laz, your smug superior cynicism is getting a tad boring. Obviously us untermench vermin who are actually enjoying this thing aren't fit to clean your boots, but if you find it that bad, just ****ing switch it off, yeah?

Comment

• Yeah, obviously this series requires a bit of suspension of disbelief.
                                But if you think about it, real middle ages didn't make much sense either.
                                They overdid everything they did, starting from religion. It is borderline
                                ridiculous from today's perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X