No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, this is how "adaptation" works. You can't keep everything.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• You should attempt to keep major plot points. That's how good adaptations work.

This isn't like a Tom Bombadil situation.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The entire plotline was just introduced in the last book, it could wrap itself up by midway in the next one for all we know.

The fact that it doesn't look like it is going to make the show suggests that, in fact, it very will does wrap itself up rather quickly.

Comment

• Regardless if it wraps up in the next book...

Spoiler:
          It involves the Golden Company and Aegon Targaryen, assumed to be dead, INVADING Westeros! Not only that but in the Arianne preview chapter that GRRM released for Winds of Winter, it was implied that Aegon was siegeing Storm's End. That is a major plot point, even if it does get wrapped up. It's like intimating that Renly standing up against Stannis and then being killed by Melisandre's shadow is a plotline that wraps up quickly, so it could have been removed
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I won't make an argument one way or the other about whether it will appear in the show, but I'll say this. GRRM ends ADWD by...
            Spoiler:
            giving Varys a big dramatic speech setting up this plotline. So no matter what, GRRM think it's important.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Regardless if it wraps up in the next book...

Spoiler:
              It involves the Golden Company and Aegon Targaryen, assumed to be dead, INVADING Westeros! Not only that but in the Arianne preview chapter that GRRM released for Winds of Winter, it was implied that Aegon was siegeing Storm's End. That is a major plot point, even if it does get wrapped up. It's like intimating that Renly standing up against Stannis and then being killed by Melisandre's shadow is a plotline that wraps up quickly, so it could have been removed
              Notice who else wasn't on that casting reel?

Comment

• That was just used to indicate how far they had gotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

That was just used to indicate how far they had gotten.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    They are already halfway through the show's run. After this coming season, only three will be left. If they don't cast that faction for this season, they aren't being cast.

They haven't been cast.

They aren't going to be cast.
                    I suspect they're going to try to start splitting books up over multiple seasons because they know they're running out of material and they want to give GRRM more time to finish the books he has told them he'll finish.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Unfortunate news.

A veteran actor who had just filmed his first scenes for Game of Thrones has died.

JJ Murphy, 86, died suddenly on Friday at his home in Belfast.

Mr Murphy had recently joined the cast for series five of the HBO series, which is filmed in Northern Ireland.

He had been cast as Ser Denys Mallister of the Night's Watch. The character was due to appear throughout series five, and Mr Murphy had been expected to film more scenes this summer.

He also had a role alongside fellow Game of Thrones actor, Charles Dance, in the upcoming Hollywood film, Dracula Untold.

The movie was filmed in Northern Ireland in 2013 with a budget of £100m, and is due to be released in October.

Dracula Untold was not Mr Murphy's first experience of Bram Stoker's creation. He played Van Helsing in a 1980 production of The Death of Dracula at the Lyric Theatre in Belfast.

He was well known in Northern Ireland for his stage work having trained at the Old Group Drama School in the 1940s, and as a member of the Lyric Players Theatre.

Belfast born Mr Murphy leaves behind wife Mary, and two children, Joseph and Jane, and granddaughter Sarah-Jane.

His funeral will be held in Belfast on Wednesday.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Now the show is killing off actors

Comment

• Well, that sucks.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• It can't be an unforeseen or unplanned for circumstance when casting 86 year olds. They must have a hot standby. It does remind me though that some of my favorite actors are pretty damn old
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Wilko Johnson is now suggesting he may be well enough to appear in future episodes of GOT. Bad news for my Dead Pool, but great news for anyone missing the world's most intimidating executioner.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Leaked script.

Spoiler:

Oh yes. Ohhhhhhh yes. I had lost hope. This is gonna be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X