No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't dislike 4, but it wasn't a page-turner the way the previous books were. All of the books so far have had wide-ranging storylines, but with the first 3 there were always intersections that made it come together into a coherent whole. This book just felt too disconnected, as if I were reading half a dozen different, very long stories simultaneously.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I think of it as the necessary deep breath after the nonstop bat**** insanity that is the last half of book 3.

I love it. I think we need to see how all the war and turmoil has affected the average schmuck, and Brienne's story, especially, is critical to that.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm just glad that Bran & Arya finally got somewhere. I was definitely getting tired of 2-3 seasons of them wandering around in the wilderness.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I have tried reading other 'popular' fantasy books like Book of the Fallen. My problem with many is that they are non-stop insanity all the way through. I don't see how anyone could survive that (mentally).

I think that Martin puts his characters through as much as is possible and still have it ring 'true'.

I liked book 4 and thought it was important.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• As for book five, reading it is far far far more enjoyable if you come into it knowing (very mild and vague spoiler):
            Spoiler:
            That certain large plot elements are going to end with cliffhangers that get resolved in book six instead of with large flashy conclusions at the end of book five. Being very annoyed that certain plot threads never got tied up poisoned a lot of my enjoyment of the book for me but if you come into it willing to let a good heap of fireworks that Martin trucks onto stage left un-exploded it has some good stuff, a certain plot-line may be the best one-character plot-line in the series that concludes with a marvelous set-piece that I really am looking forward to the TV adapting, although some of the others really could've lost a few chapters and been fine.

This blog (read the posts oldest to newest) also does an excellent job of analyzing the fifth book: http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/ and is well worth a read after you've read it.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• You have to remember your name, Bosh.

Comment

• Would be a good troll if Martin has actually written all the remaining books and has decided to only have them published after his death, after all the wailing and gnashing.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• The Queen's Guard playing the Game of Thrones theme song.

The season 4 blooper reel.

These are the new actors for season 5.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Jonathan Price as High Sparrow
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'm glad they didn't cut out the Sand Snakes like they were rumored to be considering but they're all supposed to be half sisters so how is it they got actresses who don't like anything alike and are even different races? Surely even half sisters should have some basic family resemblance?
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yay! Dr, Bashir!

Shouldn't Macella Baratheon be pre-adolescent?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• All the kids were aged up. Robb and Jon should have been 15 in Game of Thrones (as should have Joffrey) for instance.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• looks like they may have cut
                            Spoiler:
                            Quentyn and Arianne, wtf? They described Trystane as the heir to Dorne...

Comment

• Well in that case, ****...

Spoiler:
                              They'll have cut one of my favorite lines in the series... delivered by Doran to Arianne. WTF indeed. Though we may not have gotten all the casting info yet

Comment

• The one thing I always wanted for the casting has come to pass: Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell. So ****ing stoked.

Honestly baffled by the lack of Arianne.

Perhaps that means they are cutting the
                                Spoiler:
                                "Aegon" subplot entirely? Fine by me.

As for your concern, Imran, they could just have that line deliver to someone else, namely Trystane.

Comment

Working...
                                X