No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoT is run according to Civ2 rules. Forests only give a 50% bonus to defenders. And once the first Warrior unit is destroyed, so are all the other Warrior units in the stack.

It's not like Mance brought any Pikemen.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      In the books they had something like 600 men left after the big ranging actually.

Also, Stannis has a much more useful thing with him than food, which is money, and he can use that to buy food and have it shipped in.
      Not in the books. In the books Stannis is broke until about the middle of DwD when he finally meets up with the representative of the Iron Bank. It is different from the TV series because the Iron Bank comes looking for Stannis instead of Stannis coming to beg from the Iron Bank. Basically, Cersei stiffs them so the Iron Bank decides to fund Stannis to get even with Cersei (and maybe get their money back if Stannis wins).
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        On an open plain you are correct that it would be over quickly. But not in a forest. It would have been easy to show the encounter on the plains in front of the wall, which is why I was surprised that they did the extra effort of having the charge strike in the woods.
        They are probably just trying to spare themselves the extra effort of digitally putting in 100,000 people.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Not in the books. In the books Stannis is broke until about the middle of DwD when he finally meets up with the representative of the Iron Bank. It is different from the TV series because the Iron Bank comes looking for Stannis instead of Stannis coming to beg from the Iron Bank. Basically, Cersei stiffs them so the Iron Bank decides to fund Stannis to get even with Cersei (and maybe get their money back if Stannis wins).
          All of Westeros should have a CCC rating. I can't believe the Iron Bank does business with any of them.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            All of Westeros should have a CCC rating. I can't believe the Iron Bank does business with any of them.
            this is all littlefinger's fault.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• just looking...

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
                this is all littlefinger's fault.
                Technically, it is Robert and Cersei's fault though she's the one who just decided to stop paying the Iron Bank even though everyone told her it wouldn't end well.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Technically, it is Robert and Cersei's fault though she's the one who just decided to stop paying the Iron Bank even though everyone told her it wouldn't end well.
                    That's what happens when you let a woman run the finances.

I was just fillinf in for Kid.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I just heared rumors Emilia Clarke has quit Game of Thrones. Anyone know if this is correct?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• That would be hilarious.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I can't imagine that such a rumor means anything more than that she's negotiating for more money.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• That would really mean the show would have to diverge from the books .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• To be fair, she really only brings three things to the show, and it wouldn't be that hard to find another person with them.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Emilia Clarke is one of the weakest actresses but also plays probably the second most iconic character after Tyrion so they can't really switch her out.

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                                That's what happens when you let a woman run the finances.

I was just fillinf in for Kid.
                                In the books she has a hilarious lack of self-awareness thinking everyone dislikes her because she's a Woman with Power whereas it's actually because she's petty, vindictive, quick-tempered, and cruel.

Comment

Working...
                                X