X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Brienne's chapters don't have Tormund.
    Was he the one that ****ed a bear?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• They have Pod.

Better yet, they have Brienne who is like 5 million times more interesting than Jon.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, she's the only character I like that isn't short.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I've just Googled Charles Dance's height and discovered he's 6 feet 3, so I'll have to avoid joining in.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Spoiler:
            That Laz comment is quite funny... My temptation to say... "so you'll join in after this next episode" is just too damned high
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              It's a lot like the LOTR movies. I laughed at all the perfectionists that wrung their hands and felt personally insulted when the Movies didn't match the books exactly.
              Get over it. They were good movies that told the same basic story. I think of some of the previous attempts that weren't anywhere near as good.
              The LotR movies didn't just have minor plot changes and instead were major changes (An elven army at Helmsdeep? WTF?!).
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Did it ruin the movie? I thought it made the movie more entertaining? It's entertainment not a religion.

You must be one of those that I was making fun of.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• More Legolas = making the movie worse. So, it may have .

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Was he the one that ****ed a bear?
                    Tormund styles himself Tall-talker, Horn-blower and Breaker of Ice, Husband to Bears, the Mead-king of Ruddy Hall, Speaker to Gods and Father of Hosts.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't know if anyone was counting, but leading up to the episode they kept saying that there were no more than 100 men in castle black.
                      It seems that at least that many were showed killed during the episode.
                      There can't be that many left.

Start counting.
                      7 in the tunnel.
                      At least a half dozen on the wall to the giant's arrow and the barrel exploding.
                      Ygritte took out at least 10
                      Tormund takes out at least a dozen just walking around.
                      Styr does about the same.
                      That tall crane shot showed at least another 10 go down (great shot)
                      And these are just the obvious ones.

While I loved the episode it just didn't seem to add up.
                      I was thinking the same thing throughout.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Did it ruin the movie? I thought it made the movie more entertaining? It's entertainment not a religion.

You must be one of those that I was making fun of.
                        The Elven army at Helm's Deep was a bad idea because it makes the situation feel a little less tense. As a general narrative rule, you want to push your protagonists into a worse and worse situation, and then let them find a way out. Having reinforcements show up before the climax goes against that principle. Especially when those reinforcements are uber-badass Elves. The battle would have been more interesting with just the human rabble that it was in the books.

Compare it to Zulu, where a bunch of cavalrymen show up, and instead of joining the defenders, they leave and go to their homes. And then the native levies abandon the defense. The false hope of the cavalrymen being dashed, and then the loss of the levies, only build the tension and make the situation seem more hopeless than it did before.

Not all changes are bad, but some certainly are. And the Elves at Helm's Deep were a stupid change.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Tonight's episode is gonna be completely balls-out nuts. 15 minutes.

Comment

• It's called "The Children."

Spoiler:
                            Of the Forest?
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• That's what I think.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Yeah I saw a screenshot with

Spoiler:
                                the fight outside Brynden's cave

Comment

Working...
                                X