A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
    I could have sworn Jon called the guy next to him on the wall Donal, maybe not. Either way they killed Pip and Gren and that has consequences.
    I'm sure they can accomplish you-know-what even without them.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

While the scythe was cool to watch, if you have a hundred odd people capable of scaling the wall that fast why the **** did you decide to do it right above the only place in a few hundred miles that is defended? Go a few miles over, scale it there, then attack the defenders at the top while striking on the ground at each side. Especially since it seems every wildling with lines seems to have been up and over the wall trivially throughout their lives, this should not have been hard.
      The group that snuck in and attacked from South of the wall was pretty big. Why couldn't you send an entire army the way they came?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I could have sworn Jon called the guy next to him on the wall Donal, maybe not. Either way they killed Pip and Gren and that has consequences.
        1. That was Edd.
        2. It really kinda doesn't have consequences; Pyp and Grenn really don't do anything of particular importance, other than be Jon's friends.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Edd's the coolest of them anyway. Still, RIP. They made the Night's Watch fun. They have to add some more sympathetic characters now.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Pyp and Grenn have no story significance; the first thing that happens to them after the battle is
            Spoiler:
            they get sent elsewhere.

Comment

• You are forgetting about a certain power struggle.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• In which they are utterly irrelevant.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• As new Commander Jon is so beyond them anyway. He needs a new posse. He'll probably have to send the fat boy to guard the south wall to avoid the embarrassment of having the Commander being seen with such a loser.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You are forgetting about a certain power struggle.
                    You are forgetting that the show is deviating quite freely from the books.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Trust me, nobody has failed to notice this. **** it, it appears they are just going to have Jon get it by fiat anyway. I wonder if the script is written in crayon.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• The script's working fine for people who haven't read the books.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• I like some of the changes like totally short-circuiting Brienne's plot. That's fantastic because her chapters were awful and there were like, 15 of them in Feast.

As for Jon,
                          Spoiler:
                          Maester Aemon is already planning an election. There will be one. It might be next season so they can cast Ser Denys Mallister and Cotter Pyke.

Comment

• She had 8... and they are still better than Jon's chapters until..

Spoiler:
                            STANNIS!!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                              The script's working fine for people who haven't read the books.
                              It's a lot like the LOTR movies. I laughed at all the perfectionists that wrung their hands and felt personally insulted when the Movies didn't match the books exactly.
                              Get over it. They were good movies that told the same basic story. I think of some of the previous attempts that weren't anywhere near as good.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Brienne's chapters don't have Tormund.

Comment

Working...
                                X