No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when he says there are really eight kingdoms he's talking about the Riverlands or is he talking about north of the wall? What about Dragonstone?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• HE?

The publisher is a she and, as I said, she doesn't know what she's talking about. There are 9 distinct regions - the 7 Kingdoms and the Crownlands and Riverlands.

It's like you have no idea what you are talking about. Oh wait.. you don't.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Also this:

The Thrones-verse rumor mill went into overdrive Tuesday as outlets jumped on a comment attributed to George R.R. Martin’s editor that hinted the New Mexico-based fantasy author might write eight books for his epic Song of Ice and Fire saga instead of the long-planned seven.
        “My plan is to finish in seven,” Martin says. “But my original plan was to finish in three. I write the stories and they grow. I deal with certain things and sometimes I find myself not at the end of a story. My plan right now is still seven. But first I have to finish Book Six. Get back to me when I’m half-way through Book Seven and then maybe I’ll tell you something more meaningful.”

Martin has been consistent on this subject, giving basically the same answer when we asked if he was “firmly committed” to seven books back in 2011 (“I’m as firm as I am,” Martin said, “until I decide not to be firm”).
        So stop chicken little-ing.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I just report what's out there and let people decide. If that is "chicken little-ing" then so be it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I just report what's out there and let people decide. If that is "chicken little-ing" then so be it.
            So you're Fox News?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• He's even more Fox News than he realizes as he spreads falsehoods (the Riverlands are considered one of the Seven Kingdoms) and THEN when shown wrong says "Hey, I'm just reporting what's out there"

Comment

• Will there come a point in the show where this stuff matters?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• The fact that there are seven kingdoms in Westeros is part of why it's been so hard to keep them together. Balon Greyjoy of the Iron Islands, for example, really doesn't like not being a king. His rebellion years before is why Theon is a character. Rob declared himself King in the North because that used to be a thing. And so on.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• And if there was eight it would be radically different to that. I get it now.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Oh, the distinction between 7 and 8? Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would give a flying **** about that.

Comment

• Only the uber-nerds. It literally makes no difference.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• My main beef with the show right now is that they could probably make an entirely awesome and kick ass show with just the Night's Watch, which incidentally is far and away the most interesting plot thread in both the books and the show, and they're wasting my time with people like Danaerys who are almost as exciting as IRS regulations.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Danaerys is boring, but I'd prefer to have more than the sausage-fest that is the Night's Watch.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Hey be fair they have uh...oh yeah, they have Gilly

I've come to the conclusion that Daenerys' actress is pretty awful. She seemed convincing at the whole getting raped gently loved by a swole Hawaiian guy thing but now that she's past that she appears to be stuck on the smug self-righteousness setting, which isn't working.

Comment

• I don't really like Dany's actor, either, but I do like her costume designer.

Comment

Working...
                                X