No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the problems with portraying the mountain go beyond having three different actors in four years and I really don't think they go deeply enough into the whole sadism side. They show him being a dick and a bad dude but not the total sadist which we see in the book. Part of that is the nature of film media though because in a book you can have long internal dialogues about what characters are thinking where as in film you have to figure out another way to get the point across.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• a couple questions, did I miss a week? The last I saw the wife of that Bayless(?) went flying

and is this mountain dude the brother of the hound?

I thought they were damn near identical twins

Comment

• Mountain is the Hound's older bro.

Comment

• Berz, they took the holiday weekend off because supposedly ratings always suck on a holiday.

Comment

• That's what I thought, but you guys were getting way ahead of the TV series. I wasn't certain that it was speculation of future events instead of a recounting of recent events.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Yeah, the problems with portraying the mountain go beyond having three different actors in four years and I really don't think they go deeply enough into the whole sadism side. They show him being a dick and a bad dude but not the total sadist which we see in the book. Part of that is the nature of film media though because in a book you can have long internal dialogues about what characters are thinking where as in film you have to figure out another way to get the point across.
              I think that is why they show the scene on the show where the Hound explains again his aversion to fire near his face. It really had no other point then to highlight his sadism.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                That's what I thought, but you guys were getting way ahead of the TV series. I wasn't certain that it was speculation of future events instead of a recounting of recent events.
                Where did they do that? Last posts have all been on the mountain. Stuff that has been aired.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  I think that is why they show the scene on the show where the Hound explains again his aversion to fire near his face. It really had no other point then to highlight his sadism.
                  Mostly, yeah, but there was one slight additional point.
                  Spoiler:
                  Arya mentioned that without having his wound cauterized it would become infected. As you know, in the books he dies of his wounds from the fight in the bar (where Arya gets her little sword back) but it seems in the TV show they're going to have him die from one of Biter's bites. Still, it's not a bad compromise as it wraps up a two different strings in one scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Where did they do that? Last posts have all been on the mountain. Stuff that has been aired.
                    Yeah, no one has been ahead of the series. There was discussion about the scene where the mountain is stabbing peasants, discussion about Lady Arryan getting to "fly", and some talk about the hound but that's all I've seen.

Comment

• OERDIN IS ALWAYS WRONG

Spoiler:
                      THE HOUND ISN'T DEAD. HE'S THE NOVICE GRAVEDIGGER ON QUIET ISLE.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        OERDIN IS ALWAYS WRONG

Spoiler:
                        THE HOUND ISN'T DEAD. HE'S THE NOVICE GRAVEDIGGER ON QUIET ISLE.
                        Indeed.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          When they started talking about topping Tywin, the Red Viper going on a poison spree and Jon becoming the leader of an organization no one else wanted to lead anyway.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• If you've read more than three thousand posts into a thread about GoT, you should have also read the damn books by now.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• At this point, it's clear the two implementations are different enough that I'm actively avoiding the books until the HBO series plays out.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X