No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ever is writing the TV series needs to be whipped with in an inch of their lives until they promise to stop screwing up the story.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• What specific changes bothered you?
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Does it matter? Remember:

Oerdin is always wrong.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• So does Tyrion go with Jaime or Bron? Hmmm.

Or are they going to end up fighting each other?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I could tell you, but isn't it better not to know?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Hm? No, Tyrion goes Episode 2 Yoda on Tywin's ass and everybody agrees it would be best if he were king.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Hm? No, Tyrion goes Episode 2 Yoda on Tywin's ass and everybody agrees it would be best if he were king.
                He lifts an X-Wing out of the swamp?

I've seen several show only people correctly guess who will be fighting already.

Comment

• Is it really correctly guessing if they just watched the season four trailer?

Comment

• Or looked at the title of the eighth episode, yeah. I mean to say it's not a difficult deduction.

Comment

• What's the point of spoilers... SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN IT AWAY ALREADY
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                        What specific changes bothered you?
                        The scene where Theon's sister attacks the Dreadfort. The Iron Islands are on the west coast of Westeros while the Dreadfort is on the east coast and well inland. That means she'd have to sail all the way around westeros (the equivalent of going from Denmark to say Greece) in order to get there and then the castle is still well inland. It was just a terrible scene.

I can put up with them making Stannis go to Braavos since Stannis eventually does (in book 5) get help from the Iron Bank so this is only a minor detail change.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• SPOILERS, OERDIN... jeez, you loser, non-book readers read this thread.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah that Dreadfort bit made no sense. It could have worked if they had moved Ramsay to Deepwood Motte for some reason. But you're right about the geography.

One thing that bugged me from a couple weeks ago (upon rewatching). Jon's duel with Karl. In my mind, a greatsword swung overhead against a dagger like that should be basically impossible to parry, owing to momentum and whatnot. Now figuring that Longclaw is Valyrian steel, shouldn't it be even more difficult, possibly even breaking the dagger? Like if a Valyrian steel greatsword can be effortlessly parried by some back alley cut throat with a long knife, then what ****ing good is it?

I recognize that they need to have some sense of tension for the fight scene to be exciting, but that could have been achieved some other, more plausible way. Like Karl could have lurked in the shadows and gotten the drop on Jon from behind. That would also be more fitting with his characterization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              SPOILERS, OERDIN... jeez, you loser, non-book readers read this thread.
                              Well Stanis got money from the Iron Bank in this episode, so I don't know what he's spoiling. Unless you're just teasing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                                Yeah that Dreadfort bit made no sense. It could have worked if they had moved Ramsay to Deepwood Motte for some reason. But you're right about the geography.

One thing that bugged me from a couple weeks ago (upon rewatching). Jon's duel with Karl. In my mind, a greatsword swung overhead against a dagger like that should be basically impossible to parry, owing to momentum and whatnot. Now figuring that Longclaw is Valyrian steel, shouldn't it be even more difficult, possibly even breaking the dagger? Like if a Valyrian steel greatsword can be effortlessly parried by some back alley cut throat with a long knife, then what ****ing good is it?

I recognize that they need to have some sense of tension for the fight scene to be exciting, but that could have been achieved some other, more plausible way. Like Karl could have lurked in the shadows and gotten the drop on Jon from behind. That would also be more fitting with his characterization.
                                Was the longsword wielder heavily armored? If he was wearing as little as a cuirass, my money would be on the knife guy, assuming competence on the part of the combatants. The knifer ought to be able to win with greater speed - or leave the fight at will versus a heavily-armored opponent.

Any parrying happening is a joke, of course.
                                AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                                JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X