A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
    Looking forward to the next Episode, the one where this one major Character dies

Spoiler:
    Yeah, like that narrows it down
    Spoiler:
    that's not next episode, the trial is in episode 8

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
      Landing is an uncommon word for describing a port or harbor. That might have been the source of confusion. The stairway definition or the landing of an aircraft are more common in my experience.
      Yeah, the use of the word landing to mean port is pretty archaic usage. The only semi recent common usage I can think of is during amphibious invasions they talk about troops "landing" on the beaches. It's still easily understood by native speakers even if it is archaic but I can see it giving ESL folks a bit of trouble.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• It's called King's Landing because it's where Aegon's troops first landed after departing Dragonstone.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          It's called King's Landing because it's where Aegon's troops first landed after departing Dragonstone.
          I know, thank you.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Well that Yara/Asha scene was really ****ing pointless, I bet they just did it to get the actor some time on screen.

Comment

• Yeah, was that supposed to be the Dreadfort?
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Well that Yara/Asha scene was really ****ing pointless, I bet they just did it to get the actor some time on screen.
                Partially that, I think; partially to reintroduce the viewers to "Reek" and see just how ****ed he is, and partially because I think

Spoiler:
                next week we're going to see Balon die, when Mel & Selyse look into the flames.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Do I need to watch this episode before I go to bed, or can it wait?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• It is pretty ****ing kick ass, especially the last 15 minutes or so.

Also, BRAAVOS.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      It is pretty ****ing kick ass, especially the last 15 minutes or so.

Also, BRAAVOS.
                      Aaaaah, Braavos you know you have an interesting setting where the land of assassin guilds, stabbity politics and capitalists that're scary enough that it's a good idea to sell your family into slavery than avoid paying them back is clearly the best place to live for regular people.

Love Braavos, some of Martin's best worldbuilding there, which can be pretty bland in a lot of other places.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Basically Ankh-Morpork.

The thing is, Braavos clearly is the best place to live for regular people.

Comment

Well that Yara/Asha scene was really ****ing pointless, I bet they just did it to get the actor some time on screen.
                          The limitations of TV - you need to get these actors some screen time or else people forget about them and/or they find other projects and you need to recast the part. For some parts that doesn't matter as much... for Yara/Asha it may matter a great deal more.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Now that I've actually seen the episode that was a lot of fun, Cogman is better at writing/adapting than the show-runners. They should kick themselves upstairs and let him do more of the writing.

Was good to have Varys again, we've seen so little of him this season and it was good to have him back.

Liked how with Theon all of the torture last season which was getting on my nerves is paying back now. The bath scene was creepy as **** because of all of the menace considering what happened last season.

For spoilery stuff:
                            Spoiler:

That Not-Asha scene was remarkably pointless but fun fight choreography. Would rather them have used that time to have the Kingsmoot this season. If that gets cut entirely I'll be annoyed since Euron's speech for that is so fun. But I can see where they're coming from a bit, better fighty stuff than a bunch of people that nobody knows speechifying at each other for the Unsullied I guess.

And why the **** did they cut the last bit about Oberyn agreeing to champion Tyrion? Not seeing the point of not letting that shoe drop.

But overall quite solid, good solid writing and acting and sets us up nicely for ELIA and queries concerning the locations of women of negotiable virtue.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              The limitations of TV - you need to get these actors some screen time or else people forget about them

Hence Ser "I'm still here!" getting a single pointless line in every Perkytits scene. He's clearly lined up for something actually relevant in season 6 or 7.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Basically Ankh-Morpork.
                                Wow, two things today I've thought and you've posted. Like buses.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X