A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Cards.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• edit: for some reason I thought this was from a season 2 episode

But they had the nights king dude in season 4 ep 2 as well in Bran's dream.

Comment

• What am I looking at there?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Skip to 3:15

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            A couple of my writer friends spent some time with him at a convention in October. They say he's a pretty fun guy.
            I'm sure he is a great guy but I wonder about the work ethic of someone who takes 7 years to write a book I want now, now, NOW!
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• He's not your monkey. He doesn't write to our schedule.

Seriously, the nerd rage about this chaps my ass.

Also, re: Bran's vision: Not a surprise that a special effect shot from one episode would turn up in another as a "vision", and not a surprise that a vision would show an apparent "Big Bad".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                I'm sure he is a great guy but I wonder about the work ethic of someone who takes 7 years to write a book I want now, now, NOW!
                Since he's never done that (seriously, are you ever right about anything?!), does that mean you think his work ethic is ok?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oh, you berks. There I was, going "Oooooo. Judging by the posts on Poly, an interesting and dynamic new character will be appearing, and contributing to the rich interaction of plots and personalities".

And it's a cat.

So if Ser Nibbly the Gerbil appears next season, presumably you'll all ejaculate to death?
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Spoiler/note: There may be more cats. Or D&D may have thought three cats were redundant and consolidated them into a single cat character. Somewhat speciesist, but I understand they have a budget and the screen canvas is necessarily smaller than the page. I guess we'll find out soon!
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• In the latest episode, Tyrion says something interest which I believe might be a foreshadowing of something even us book readers haven't seen(but have speculated on):

Spoiler:

Tyrions says about Sansa: she's not a killer......not yet anyway. I think this foreshadows what we know about her learning from Littlefinger. By the end of the last book, she shows a profound understanding of intrigue and an aptness to deceive.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        Oh, you berks. There I was, going "Oooooo. Judging by the posts on Poly, an interesting and dynamic new character will be appearing, and contributing to the rich interaction of plots and personalities".

And it's a cat.

So if Ser Nibbly the Gerbil appears next season, presumably you'll all ejaculate to death?
                        What did you expect when the character death that upsets everyone the most is the one where they kill Sansa's pet dog?
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                          Spoiler/note: There may be more cats. Or D&D may have thought three cats were redundant and consolidated them into a single cat character. Somewhat speciesist, but I understand they have a budget and the screen canvas is necessarily smaller than the page. I guess we'll find out soon!
                          I've heard that the cat character meets a dog, but not a dog from the books--an entirely new creation by the show writers--and the two engage in behavior HBO doesn't have a content warning for.
                          Last edited by Lorizael; April 30, 2014, 20:35.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Two quick queries for the book readers-

1- Are there any swords in Westeros not made of Valerian steel?

2- Does Westeros have a huge and thriving fake sword industry?
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Two quick queries for the book readers-

Mormont's sword and Ned's sword are the only Valyrian blades seen so far in the TV series. Ned's does get reforged, though.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Two quick queries for the book readers-

Very few are. Ned's sword was, as is the one Jon got from Lord Mormont back in the first season. I don't think anyone else we've seen uses one, except for the ones Tywin made from Ned's sword in the first episode this season.

Come on down to Crazy Aegon's Rubber Sword and Axe Emporium, we've been serving all your rubber sword and axe needs since 83 AL.

Comment

Working...
                                X