A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    But if you switched Tommen with a girl and Margaery with a guy, it would have been very rapey.
    Littlerfinger and Sansa, anybody?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Wow, they've really gone off the reservation on this one. GRRM was right the show is different from the books.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        I mean, I would have too. I was impressed that the actor playing Tommen didn't blow his load when she kissed him on the forehead. But if you switched Tommen with a girl and Margaery with a guy, it would have been very rapey.

I can't decide if he or Hodor is my favorite character.
        In the books Margaery is 16 (only 15 when she was first married) and Tommen is only 7. In the TV series they've made them much closer together in age.

Comment

• No one knows what it's like...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• This whole Jon knows Bran isn't dead subplot is really a road I wish they didn't go down because it is going to have a real butterfly effect as the story goes on...

Spoiler:
            Think of the scene where Stannis offers to make Jon Snow officially Jon Stark and Lord of Winterfell. In the books Jon is really conflicted because he has always wanted to be a legit member of his supposed father's family but he's conflicted about keeping his oath. In the books he doesn't know Bran and Rickon are alive so he can fantasize about keeping the Stark line alive but now, in the TV show, he knows at least Bran is alive so that must mean he has to at least question that Rickon is alive and if two legit sons of Ned Stark are alive then honorable Jon Snow wouldn't ever dream of usurping them. This looks like a small change initially but it really will have a large butterfly effect as the story moves on so it's not a good change. Further more this whole substory of Bran getting caught by the mutineers at Crastor's old place is just completely different and off the map along with Jon's coming raid. Plus, as others have said, why would they keep the dire wolf alive?

These are all examples of things they shouldn't have tried to change.

Comment

• The HBO synopsis that got published after the episode has since been changed but before it was, it revealed

Spoiler:
              That head honcho fellow is the Night's King. YEARS of speculation about Jon, Stannis, etc. have been debunked.

Comment

• That is disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  The HBO synopsis that got published after the episode has since been changed but before it was, it revealed

Spoiler:
                  That head honcho fellow is the Night's King. YEARS of speculation about Jon, Stannis, etc. have been debunked.
                  Source?

I only doubt because that really doesn't make sense; the White Walkers predate the Night's King by quite some time.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Source?

I only doubt because that really doesn't make sense; the White Walkers predate the Night's King by quite some time.
                    No they don't. He was the 13th Lord Commander according to wiki.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Yeah, exactly.

White Walkers lead to The Wall lead to The Watch.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• From ASOIAF wiki (obv spoilers):

Night's King,[1] also called the Night's King,[2] is a legendary Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who lived during the Age of Heroes.[1] His given name is unknown.

Spoiler:
                        According to legend, the Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior, who was named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars", he chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.[1] (Her description matches that of the Others.)
                        --

Tbh, I never particularly bought any of the junk that Jon, etc, is the Night's King reborn, because it wouldn't make much sense considering the history. Of course the HBO guy who was writing the synopsis could just have been wrong. Need verification on that
                        Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; April 28, 2014, 11:14.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Spoiler:
                          I don't think he was wrong. I think it's clear that special looking Other/White Walker was the leader, and I bet the reason they're coming back is related to them having a leader where there was none before.

Oh I almost forgot.

Count the number of White Walkers in the picture please.

edit: here's a picture of the synopsis for the doubters.

Last edited by regexcellent; April 28, 2014, 11:05.

Comment

• So he made
                            Spoiler:
                            The other lord commanders his thralls?
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I'm thinking the number of those with him is symbolic - a reference to the speculation in the books about him.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeesh people, use ****ing spoiler blocks when discussing the book. It shouldn't be that hard.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X