No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I watch this show, will I become like you guys?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• No, you need to read the books to get really dorky about it.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Okay good.

Carry on.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Sava can't read; leave the poor guy alone.
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Read what? I can barely type this now.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Holy ****ing **** that episode was good. I love all of the deviations from the books. I'm convinced the show writers are just better than GRRM. Or at least they are making Version 2 and it's just an improvement on Version 1.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Since when does Jojen have epilepsy?
                Always?

What is Ghost doing at Craster's Keep?

Excellent question! I don't mind deviations from the text, but there ought to be internally-consistent logic. How would the mutineers capture Ghost? WHY would they capture him, instead of just killing him?

Why does Jon know that Bran is alive? I thought Sam kept that a secret?

Deviation from the text, simply for it to make sense for Locke to join the Night's Watch.

Sloppy plotting.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Oh. Wait. That Locke guy i liked was Bolton's dude. Totally missed that. There's too many ****ing characters.

I don't think the changes are sloppy. I like them. I think the original books were sloppy.

Comment

• Yes, he cut off Jaime's hand. He replaces Vargo Hoat. In the books Hoat dies horribly at the hands of Gregor Clegane.

Comment

• He's a tall white dude with a beard. How am I supposed to remember he isn't some other tall white dude with a beard? Christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        Yes, he cut off Jaime's hand. He replaces Vargo Hoat. In the books Hoat dies horribly at the hands of Gregor Clegane.
                        NOTE: not a spoiler, since there is literally no way possible Locke is going to do the same things Vargo does.

Also, doesn't Vargo suffer greatly at the hands (or, teeth) of Brienne? She bites his ear off and the wound festers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          He's a tall white dude with a beard. How am I supposed to remember he isn't some other tall white dude with a beard? Christ.
                          White beard?

Comment

• Please parse sentences. I said white dude with a beard. Not white beard.

Comment

• I think Hoat gets his ear bitten off or some**** but Gregor Clegane hacks off his limbs and stuff.

Anyway, I thought we were going to get
                              Spoiler:
                              coldhands (spoilered because he miiiiight appear later)
                              at the end there, but...

Seeing **** like that I haven't read in the books...this must be what it feels like to be a non-book reader

Comment

• Oh goodness. I apparently need to go to sleep, because my reading comprehension is going right in the ****ter. My apologies, mon ami.

Comment

Working...
                                X