No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's kind of the biggest thing missing from the show. Have they even mentioned
    Spoiler:
    Rhaegar
    before now?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, Jorah mentions him to Dany and he was mentioned in the first episode.

Comment

• And Robert talked about him a few times as well.

Also, I think that was more of an accidental reference to the sample chapter than an intentional one. The thing that makes the inn scene stand out in the book is Arya repeating the words of The Tickler back to him while she kills him. On the show, The Tickler is already dead; Polliver is the only other minor Lannister soldier she knows/hates enough to have on her list. So, she repeats Polliver's words (which were Raff's words in the book) back to him as she kills him.

What it boils down to is that we probably won't get that "Mercy" scene on the show, unless Meryn Trant is somehow sent along to Braavos with Harys Swyft.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          That's kind of the biggest thing missing from the show. Have they even mentioned
          Spoiler:
          Rhaegar
          before now?
          Yes, but it was mostly in season 1 just like book 1 mostly mentioned him. It seems they cut out the numerous background bits mentioned in the other books though. Part of this is book readers have had 20+ years to go over the book series with a fine toothed comb and piece together the various references while the TV show just doesn't have the time to cover everything in the books.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            an accidental reference to the sample chapter
            Do you believe in fairies, too?

If anything, we've been presented with a referential sledgehammer these past few days.

Comment

• I think Martin released the chapter to stave off for a little longer the show getting to points before he does.

Comment

• Strike two on Dario

I don't want the rainbow pirate of the books,any google image search of people trying to show him faithfully shows how much that doesn't work. I do, however, think he should still be depicted as a flamboyant dandy. At the very least give him something to wear other than **** brown.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                  Do you believe in fairies, too?

If anything, we've been presented with a referential sledgehammer these past few days.
                  I'm sorry, what part of my post is incorrect?

Comment

• He's saying he doesn't believe the dropping of hints was accidental.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Dropping hints of what, exactly?

Comment

• On some days I feel like I'm with stupid everywhere I go

You guys are now on my death list

Comment

• No, seriously, dropping hints of what? You have completely lost me.

The way that scene played out on the show is literally the only way it could have played out given the show A) excised Raff the Sweetling entirely, and B) had Jaqen kill The Tickler.

Comment

• Nobody gives a bowl of brown on what it means for some minor characters. The show has been comprising different unimportant "individuals" into one character all the time, which obviously means certain changes to storylines of lesser importance.

Spoiler:
                            Think Thormund south of the wall at this point. Mance will lead the wildlings south by the looks of it.

What I'm laughing at is the notion that the selection of a certain chapter (FYI: more than 10 years old by word of the author) just days before airing a season opener with a totally similar scene

Spoiler:
                            (of Arya killing the guy who killed Lommy)
                            may have been an "accidental reference" to the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              No, seriously, dropping hints of what? You have completely lost me.

The way that scene played out on the show is literally the only way it could have played out given the show A) excised Raff the Sweetling entirely, and B) had Jaqen kill The Tickler.
                              Raff wasn't in the show, she killed Polliver.

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                              Strike two on Dario

I don't want the rainbow pirate of the books,any google image search of people trying to show him faithfully shows how much that doesn't work. I do, however, think he should still be depicted as a flamboyant dandy. At the very least give him something to wear other than **** brown.
                              He at least doesn't have face that makes me want to smack him with a hot clothes iron.

Comment

• What an unsettling smile on that Arya at the ending...
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X