No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know about it until today, but TWoP is going away. That's going to make the remaining seasons just a bit less fun.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• What's TWoP?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• TV Without Pity, I believe. It's a message board solely based around TV shows.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I visited it many moons ago, kind of a *****y TV review website with an active commenting community. I assume it was a hotbed of discussion among GoT fans who hadn't read the novels.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I like the guy that did the "E" reviews of the show. I always got a laugh out of them.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Btw, GRRM posted another chapter of Winds of Winter today (obvious, SPOILERS):

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Giggity

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  www.televisionwithoutpity.com

I visited it many moons ago, kind of a *****y TV review website with an active commenting community.
                  Can't imagine why someone from Apolyton would find that interesting.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• That chapter is really, really ****ing good. It's funny, it's cool, it's got Arya in it.

Comment

• Mmmmmmmmhmmm. I'm beginning to think The Bride from Kill Bill was modeled on Arya.

Comment

• It creeped me the **** out though. It says something about GRRM that I had to get halfway through before
                          Spoiler:
                          I was absolutely sure Arya wasn't actually getting raped for realsies
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• The whole point is that it's
                            Spoiler:
                            Richard III in Westeros, and the comedy is from the juxtaposition of the deadly seriousness of the play with **** like the death god's horn falling off and the foot-long dildo that keeps slipping out of the dwarf's fly.

The REALLY COOL parts:

Spoiler:

* In a way that does not feel contrived, Arya encounters by chance and kills one of the men in her death prayer.
                            * Arya is playing her sister Sansa in the play
                            * Raff's line:
                            “You’ll need to carry me.”
                            See? thought Mercy. You know your line, and so do I.

“Think so?” asked Arya, sweetly.
                            (notice how the name changes to Arya)
                            Compare this to:
                            One of the spearmen drifted over to Lommy. “Something wrong with your leg, boy?” “It got hurt.” “Can you walk?” He sounded concerned. “No,” said Lommy. “You got to carry me.” “Think so ?” The man lifted his spear casually and drove the point through the boy’s soft throat. Lommy never even had time to yield again. He jerked once, and that was all. When the man pulled his spear loose, blood sprayed out in a dark fountain. “Carry him, he says,” he muttered, chuckling.
                            (from an Arya chapter in ACOK)

Oh yeah and it has the word "rape" a total of 8 times. GRRM's at the top of his game here.

Comment

• It was actually set up rather nicely.

Spoiler:
                              Last we saw Arya, she was being sent to the mummers to learn acting, IIRC. And last we saw Raff, he was a Lannister guardsman; no reason he couldn't be attached as a bodyguard to Harys Swyft on his expedition to the Iron Bank.

It's awesome. I can't wait to see the whole book.

(I'll be bald by then.)

Comment

• Vengeance!

And "The Devil Inside"

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X