A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Peak GRRM was achieved when Dany takes a ****ing diarrheal **** in the desert. THE MORE SHE SHAT! Seriously, probably the most painful piece of "literature" I have read since the Harry Potter 7 epilogue. Did I pay for this? What the **** is going on? If I want to hear about terminal diarrhea I'll play ****ing Oregon Trail. This is important how exactly? Why would I want to know? Another author, with a better sense of when to apply conciseness, would have just said she got sick.
    Yeah, Dany wasn't having diarrhea. In fact 1 prophecy was being fulfilled, one which most people didn't even knew about it was a prophecy, and therefore a huge change in Dany's arch was happening. And it was absolutely not diarrhea.

She was having a miscarriage.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Whatever it was, I don't need that level of detail. Brevity is the soul of wit. If the paragraph is not contributing to the plot, the setting, or the characters, it's wasting my time. The intricacies of her bowel movement or miscarriage or whatever the hell was happening down there don't service any of those.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        Hell, try being one of the TV series viewers who hasn't read the books. There's a sound reason why most of the characters are just nicknames to me.
        I hear you. Hell, they're nicknames to me too. Apparently I'm supposed to recognize who they are when they only ever say their name once if at all.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Whatever it was, I don't need that level of detail. Brevity is the soul of wit. If the paragraph is not contributing to the plot, the setting, or the characters, it's wasting my time. The intricacies of her bowel movement or miscarriage or whatever the hell was happening down there don't service any of those.
          It was contributing to the plot.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• It was contributing a lot as it had to do with the prophecy. I suspect HC is just a lazy reader who wants the author to spoon feed him while GRRM doesn't often just come out and tell readers stuff and instead he'll throw a hint here, another one there, and a third one some where else letting the reader figure out the sub-text if they can.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Whatever it was, I don't need that level of detail. Brevity is the soul of wit. If the paragraph is not contributing to the plot, the setting, or the characters, it's wasting my time. The intricacies of her bowel movement or miscarriage or whatever the hell was happening down there don't service any of those.
              Hemmingway is that-a-way.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• HOLY BALLS

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

HER NAME WAS ELIA OF DORNE
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• ...was that a preview for a trailer?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Indeed.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Spoilers, you buggers.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Spoiler:
                        My name is Inigo Montoya Oberyn Martell, you killed my sister, prepare to die!

I cannot ****ing wait for that scene.

Comment

• There are actually five of those little mini trailers and they were released as a way to build up buzz for the first real season 4 trailer which comes out on the 12th of this month.

Comment

• This is the other season 4 teaser trailer they have released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              HOLY BALLS

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

HER NAME WAS ELIA OF DORNE
                              That's the scene I'm looking forwards to the most.
                              I hope they included the continuing accusations of Oberon.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes, we all have read the books from start to finish.
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X