X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I was just about to post that.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Watching Twitter tonight completely justified my lifetime of being a nerd that resulted in reading the books thirteen years ago.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I've never Twittered in my life; any particular highlights to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              I've never Twittered in my life; any particular highlights to share?

I hate twitter as well, I never use it, but this is golden.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I archived the stream - have to go back through it because it was going by so fast I could barely read it. A couple that I noticed:

"Dear #WalkingDead,

You are a ****ing Disney Cartoon.

Love,
                #GameOfThrones"

"Next week on the #GameofThrones season finale, everyone has ice cream and doesn't want to talk for awhile, okay?"

"This is why you always go with a DJ over a band at a wedding"

"When a guy greets you at a wedding with a slow clap, you should probably run. #gameofthrones #redwedding"

"Eagerly waiting for the scene where George RR Martin kills off George RR Martin"

"George RR Martin eats his corn flakes drenched in the tears of his fans"

...and a bunch of people saying they're taking the day off work tomorrow, some saying they're never watching again, some saying they're going to read the books now so this never happens again, etc.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• "you know why the end credits had no music? The sound of your sobbing was the music."

Comment

• And people on the Westeros board had been moaning for weeks that the show would RUIN EVERYTHING (again!) because it hadn't given anyone a reason to care about Robb so the Unsullied wouldn't give a **** about the Red Wedding...
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• The internet is ****ing mad. This is hilarious.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I was wondering just how mad the Internet would be, since I didn't think the show nurtured as close a connection to Cat & Robb, and there were fewer Freys around them, and almost nothing at all about guest rights...

And holy hell, it is like Ned times 10. Delicious.

Comment

• The capsule of the newbie review on AV Club:
                          What the ****?!

Comment

• I had a couple over to watch with us (they don't have HBO), and one of them curled up into a fetal position as it happened shouting "WHAT THE ****?" and almost covering her eyes. It was glorious.

I'm having my mom over tonight to watch it...she usually needs some explaining as the show goes on. She also hasn't read the books.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                              some saying they're going to read the books now so this never happens again, etc.
                              Because reading the RW was less impactful?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I also loved how they even managed--amazingly--to pull the rug out from under we book readers as well, what with the Worst C-Section Ever. I was 100% certain that Blackfish was going to manage to get Talisa out of there.

I was, and remain, completely ****ing shocked by that.

Comment

Working...
                                X