A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler:
    Interesting. The missing swords are due to Bran & co took them though.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I think you just blew my mind, Plomp.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Btw, anything asoiaf.westeros.org still give me a 500 - internal error... How do you access it?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Site just goes down a lot. Try again later.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
            Btw, anything asoiaf.westeros.org still give me a 500 - internal error... How do you access it?
            Just by following that link (in example)
            I enter there by going to westeros.org, and then click the forum right on the homepage.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Spoiler:
              Interesting. The missing swords are due to Bran & co took them though.
              true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                Just by following that link (in example)
                I enter there by going to westeros.org, and then click the forum right on the homepage.
                It's just that the forums are NEVER, EVER up and working.

Comment

• They used to be up and running just fine so I suspect they've just had a spike in traffic since the new season of the show was released.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's just that the forums are NEVER, EVER up and working.
                    I've never had any problems visiting them....

Comment

• Just tried it.. worked perfectly.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It's like going to the doctor. Now it works for me too.

Comment

• OBITUARY

Woman with Vagina (2011-2013).

Woman with Vagina, who met an untimely end this week, is widely credited with having saved the first season of "Game of Thrones". Realising that, faced with having to be introduced to an average of 87 new characters in each episodes (nearly all of them being terribly serious men with beards), they'd be losing audience in alarming numbers, the writers decided to keep people's interest levels up by putting more T&A in GOT.

Woman with Vagina stole the show from the outset. Who could forget her immortal entry with the words "I have breasts. Here they both are" (or something like that. I was a bit distracted at the time, and quite understandably. Right, lads?) in episode 1? Later episodes saw her further developing and exploring her character by reavealing her vulva and, towards the end of the season, her buttocks too. Her interplay with Gollum stands out in particular, culminating in her devastating words "This is my crotch area. Do you like it?" (I'm paraphrasing, obviously. She could have been talking in Punjabi and I wouldn't have noticed).

Such searing immersion in her role was always going to be challenging, so it's hardly surprising that season 2 saw a dilution of her input. For reasons that remain unclear, the GOT writers decided to create some sort of "reason" for her cheerful and omnipresent airings of genitalia, and made an ill-considered attempt to give her stuff like dialogue and a story arc. Staff writer Agamemnon Caterpoddler III explained "Basically, we just weren't convinced that the discerning HBO viewer would accept the fact that her clothes just kept falling off, so we felt we had to suggest some sort of justification for why it kept happening."

Consequently, later episodes saw Woman with Vagina straying away from her unrivalled talents in completely gratuitous nudity, in favour of doing stuff like moving around and making sounds with her mouth while keeping her clothes on. It was no surprise that her days on the show become numbered from that point, and it was in keeping with this sad decline that her final appearance, full of arrows, saw not even a single nipple popping out for a nostalgic flash.

Regular viewers were left mourning the loss of the greatest single contributor to women's method acting since the late Kenny Everett's "Cupid Stunt" persona. Woman with Vagina leaves behind her a glorious first season of cheerful labial outings and about 30 million sticky teenaged duvets.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• I'm only just watching last weeks episode, and oh my ****ing god Theon is going to be insane.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Yeah, good to know that as long as he remembers his name he will at least have something to hold on to ...

Comment

• Judging by how his fingers are doing, he won't be doing any other forms of holding in the near future.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X