No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The subsequent smash-cut into a punk metal rendition of The Bear And The Maiden Fair was ****ing hilarious.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That confused the **** out of me. Also what bugs me is, why the **** am I starting to like Jaime? He's the **** that literally pushed a 10 year old boy out a window because he was caught ****ing his sister. Now he seems nice? God dammit!

Of course I went through the same agony in the books.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Oh no, people aren't simply black or white explodes poor HC's brain
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• On another forum (with a lot more users than this one) I was following the livechat thread for this episode and the comments after Jaime got his hand cut off were absolutely hysterical. They were like "oh what a smooth mother****er talking his way out of this" followed swiftly by cries of horror.

That's the substitute I use when I don't have non-book readers around to watch the episode with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            On another forum (with a lot more users than this one) I was following the livechat thread for this episode and the comments after Jaime got his hand cut off were absolutely hysterical. They were like "oh what a smooth mother****er talking his way out of this" followed swiftly by cries of horror.

That's the substitute I use when I don't have non-book readers around to watch the episode with me.
            Please direct me to such a forum for the rest of the season, because I think next week we get to the fireworks factory in Astapor. To say nothing of the upcoming episode 9, "The Rains Of Castamere"...

Comment

• Yes please. Twitter has been disappointing so far this year because there are too many updates to track.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                That confused the **** out of me. Also what bugs me is, why the **** am I starting to like Jaime? He's the **** that literally pushed a 10 year old boy out a window because he was caught ****ing his sister. Now he seems nice? God dammit!

Of course I went through the same agony in the books.
                As I said on the book thread, these characters don't tend to fall into binary bad guy/good guy categories.

Spoiler:
                Jaime's arc of redemption is one of the most interesting character developments in the book.
                Last edited by Cort Haus; April 16, 2013, 18:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  They seem to be streamlining out the subplots, which is alright as it helps viewers better follow the main plot line as well as shorten what goes in to each episode, though they have been doing a good job of showing the main events in their proper order. All in all episode 3 was pretty good.
                  Vargo Hoat seems to have been replaced by another character doing the job of ending Jaime's career. This may have implications for the whole Bloody Mummers thread. Also, Theon's story seems different. I thought he was stuck in the dungeon at the Dreadfort for much longer and don't remember this rescue bloke.

Comment

• This rescue bloke
                    Spoiler:
                    is obviously Ramsay Snow.

And yes, the Mummers are out.
                    Spoiler:
                    Not sure how that will effect Brienne's story line in future seasons.

Comment

• Rescue bloke:
                      Spoiler:
                      I thought that in the book Ramsay captured Theon at Winterfell, and took him to the Dreadfort where he turned him into Reek. So surely in this version Theon was also at the Dreadfort so how can he not have already been in Ramsey's control?

Mummers.
                      Spoiler:
                      That'll save the various logistical complications of Brienne having her face chewed off. It will spare us all lots of other unpleasantness too

Comment

• Theon

Spoiler:
                        He was in Ramsay's control. He was the one who untied him, put him on a horse. He was the one who shot his would-be rapers. This is all part of his psychotic mindgame.

Mummers

Spoiler:
                        True enough. That was one of the most horrifying things I've ever read. But her defeat of several other Mummers in her travels (Shagwell, Pyg, that Dothraki one I can't name of the top of my head) is important for her personal arc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          This rescue bloke
                          Spoiler:
                          is obviously Ramsay Snow.
                          It's in the casting information, so, yes, you're correct.

Comment

• This week's comment isn't complete without Laz expounding a detailed topographical analysis of the mimsies on display in the brothel scene.

Comment

• The game of "thrones" chairs at the beginning was hysterical.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Oh no, people aren't simply black or white explodes poor HC's brain

Used my thanks already!
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X