A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Last episode was very good. No Dany. Granny Olenna. JOJEN! MEERA!

TWoW won't take so long I think. It's going to mostly tie up **** that happened in Dance. Like:
    Spoiler:

* Dany somehow getting back to Meereen
    * Someone, probably Bran, discovering Jon's parentage
    * Jon not being dead
    * Tyrion meeting Dany finally
    * Davos getting Rickon
    * All that **** in Dorne I never pay attention to
    * This Aegon dude
    Spoiler:
    You should pay attention to Dorne, since it be awesome.

You also forgot Victorian's fleet in Slaver's Bay
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Jon Miller.

Jon Miller.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• It was nice seeing some of the characters that got squeezed out of being shown in Episode 1. This was really Episode 1a. It was kind of a WALKING episode. Everyone was shown walking it seemed.
        Now that all the plots are set up, we can get back to business next week.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• According to his publisher GRRM is right on track with TWOW, so this time it's not supposed to take him 6 years.
          The delay for DWD was the very difficult storyline where many characters came together in the east. It took GRRM a lot of time to figure that out.

A good writer is not supposed to lock himself up in his tower, he's supposed to go outside, live, breathe, talk, and get inspired.
          I have trust that the next book will arrive somewhere next year, and that the last book will just arrive in time for the show's plot.

But I'm a very optimistic guy.

haven't seen S03E02 yet, tomorrow evening I'll have time!
          S03E01 was a good starter, nothing too exciting, except the Tyrion - Tywin scene, which was awesome. Very very very good.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            The delay for DWD was the very difficult storyline where many characters came together in the east. It took GRRM a lot of time to figure that out.

Worst. Excuse. Ever. In the history of recorded time.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              I mean it shouldn't take that long to write half a book especially since he has said he already knows where he wants to take things in book seven so it should just be a culmination of the things he set up in the first five books.
              The **** makes you an expert on writing?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• "Oh no! I've been writing a story and I've made it too complicated to write a way out, using my own imagination!"

Comment

• So, some lingering questions:

Spoiler:

When will Loras join the Kingsguard? They should have an opening, after the face-ectomy Pod performed on Ser Mandon Moore in "Blackwater", as well as the Hound just up and leaving the whole ****ing situation, but it hasn't yet been mentioned. With Bronn antagonizing Ser Meryn Trant, I've a feeling we're going to see a further book departure soon, leaving three openings on the Kingsguard.

Why, oh why, did they have to remove Vargo Hoat? I wanted a flamboyant, sadistic sociopath riding a zorse, goddammit. To say nothing of the departure of the rest of the Brave Companions, which will have significant ramifications for Brienne's future plotlines on the show. They probably will just completely axe her Crackclaw Point excursion, but what of her battle with Rorge and Biter? Unless this new Bolton fellow (apparently named Locke) will fill that post; hard to imagine, given the ultimate climax of that particular arc.

Speaking of, how in the holy **** did Gendry get to be a main credits character before Brienne?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    You should pay attention to Dorne, since it be awesome.

You also forgot Victorian's fleet in Slaver's Bay
                    **** Dorne, it's just a bunch of camel ****ers, nobody cares cause they don't even got oil (yet?).

(yeah I know it's not supposed to be middle eastern)

Spoiler:

In chapter 10 of TWoW Tyrion kills Dany in frustration at her stupidity, to much rejoicing. He takes control of her dragons, ****s **** up with the slavers, then conquers Westeros. Cersei dies and it is glorious. Attention is turned North and the combined armies of Westeros under the leadership of Tyrion smash the Others once and for all.

Comment

• I like the way you think, reg.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Get a room.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          **** Dorne, it's just a bunch of camel ****ers, nobody cares cause they don't even got oil (yet?).

Poison and hot bastard women who like to **** and fight make it more than awesome (spicy food be a bonus). Oh, also cunning plans (yes, Doran Martell may be Baldrick, but at least he's thinking).

Comment

• I'm being kinda facetious, yes Dorne is important, but it's a lot harder to care about given that our only POVs in the area showed up in the middle of Feast. The most interesting POVs to me are the ones I've had time to actually learn about (with the exception of Daenerys)

Comment

• Question, why can't Robb's wife be a hot blonde chick? Seriously, I don't like the queen of the north, she's annoying and she isn't particularly pretty. He's the king for ****s sake.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Yeah with the show version of Robb's shotgun wife he must have been kinda drunk

Comment

Working...
                                X