A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was being charitable
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Wait, you don't subscribe to the
      Spoiler:
      bran becomes a tree
      theory do you? Otherwise
      Spoiler:
      all it says is that the three eyed crow didn't give him the ability to walk again
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I think he's referring to the fact that the whositwhatits and whatshisname come right out and tell him that, "No, we can not make your legs work again."
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Who do you folks think Coldhands is?
          Spoiler:
          I don't think he's Benjen Stark, I feel like he's older than that.

Comment

• Benjen is the obvious choice, but he's partly the obvious choice because, well, there are no other obvious choices that would be as meaningful.

Comment

• I've heard other people suggest he is the Nights King, and I'm somewhat inclined to agree, although Benjen is a likely option. I actually think we'll see Benjen Stark in the next book--I'm pretty sure he's the one that left the dragonglass at the Fist of the First Men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Why would there be? Geothermal heating seems sufficient to explain the hot water.
                Because it's a fantasy book not a science book.

That said, there's only a small-ish positive reason to assume there is or was one: the visual impressions of the burning ruins of Winterfell as seen through the eyes of Summer the direwolf mention a winged snake, but who knows what that could mean.

(rantasy is also a good word but not the one I was looking for).

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  IIRC, they poured broth and whatnot down his throat.

Medically... less than plausible. But, it is a fantasy novel.
                  Medically less than plausible? I dare you to do that with one of your patients. Just don't tell anyone I told you to do it.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Why would a fall cause you to become comatose in the first place? Wouldn't that imply severe brain damage? He didn't fall on his head.
                    He fell backwards from a height that looked to be about 2 stories and landed on his back. Such a fall could easily have resulted in brain contusions. Since his legs don't work but his arms do he apparently also sustained an injury to his spinal cord in the thoracic area.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      Medically less than plausible?
                      I was trying to be charitable.

Comment

Benjen is the obvious choice, but he's partly the obvious choice because, well, there are no other obvious choices that would be as meaningful.
                        Spoiler:
                        Can't be him. Bran surely would have recognized him.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Can't be him. Bran surely would have recognized him.
                          Spoiler:
                          Coldhands never has shown his face
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I was trying to be charitable.
                            Speaking of "medically less than plausible", it greatly annoys me that the doctors use leeches to heal.

Comment

• ...HC, do you have any understanding of medicine?
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Uh, yes. Why?

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                                He fell backwards from a height that looked to be about 2 stories and landed on his back. Such a fall could easily have resulted in brain contusions. Since his legs don't work but his arms do he apparently also sustained an injury to his spinal cord in the thoracic area.
                                Ah, thanks. Makes sense. Question, though--how often do people recover from comas?

Comment

Working...
                                X