A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    As for the adaptation of A Storm of Swords, I'm glad that they're only going with half the book for this season - if only because that means there's going to be even more seasons!
    Also allow for the last two books to come out before the show catches up (hopefully ).

Also, the way they've basically decided to adapt it as a whole, instead of rigidly sticking to the books, means that they can move things around, cut crap out and address the massively clunky timeline issues that became increasingly apparent from about this time onwards, and was probably the reason why it took GRRM so long to write his most recent installment...

So, to sum up: Yaaay!
    What are you kidding? The show is going to love all that timeline crap - they'll go all hogwild in Season 5 about showing off the new folks/places.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Spoiler:
      I'm still not clear what the point of sending Arya to Braavos was, or if there was any point at all, beyond "****, what the hell do I do with her now?" I feel that way for several characters at this point, like, "oh, I have to put them somewhere."
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Because you've read the final two books to see where the pieces end up in the end
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Also allow for the last two books to come out before the show catches up (hopefully ).

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          What are you kidding? The show is going to love all that timeline crap - they'll go all hogwild in Season 5 about showing off the new folks/places.
          But at least it will all happen at the same time, instead of where he had to split the timelines of his characters geographically into two books (does that sentence even make sense?). Also, have you noticed how a number of minor characters never even made it into the TV series, or have had their introduction delayed? No, they'll be keeping numbers down to a manageable level...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
            But at least it will all happen at the same time, instead of where he had to split the timelines of his characters geographically into two books (does that sentence even make sense?). Also, have you noticed how a number of minor characters never even made it into the TV series, or have had their introduction delayed? No, they'll be keeping numbers down to a manageable level...
            Well, I consider the cast of characters in the books to be one of its strengths to be honest . I love reading the heraldry at the end of every installment of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Regardless, I've read already of whining about all the "new characters" they introduced in Season 2. I can't wait to read the whining when Season 5 begins . And yes, it will happen at the same time, which will be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              It's been talk about the two last books becoming three...
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                While in a coma? How did they manage that?
                Ah. That. I thought you mentioned something else. I don't remember how it went there, long time since I read that book.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• IIRC, they poured broth and whatnot down his throat.

Medically... less than plausible. But, it is a fantasy novel.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Why would a fall cause you to become comatose in the first place? Wouldn't that imply severe brain damage? He didn't fall on his head.

Comment

• He fell from the top of a castle to the ground, ended up with his head on the ground, but managed to lay his head gently onto the ground without bashing it at all as he did so?
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Does anyone want to put odds on him ever being able to walk again? If you can resurrect people from the dead as zombies or whatever, why couldn't you selectively do so for someone's legs?

Comment

• Have you read Dance with Dragons? That'll answer your question.

Comment

• Yes, I have, and no, it doesn't.

Comment

• It kind of does.

Comment

• Not only kind of, it states the answer quite clearly.

Comment

Working...
                                X