How much do five bananas cost you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 cigarettes.
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
      So bananas in the US are approx 2/3 the price of the UK, not 1/3.
      Back when I was first shocked that EU Commissars get to decide the curvature of bananas,
      I did some Googling and discovered that it was actually a trade barrier. EU was/is protectionist
      about importing from former European colonies. Probably because the bananas there are still
      controlled by EU companies and not by US companies like they are in the American sphere.
      Anyway, I think that protectionism (high tariffs or quotas) can probably explain the difference
      in price.

I think that I read somewhere that price of bananas went up in Eastern European countries
      when they joined EU.

Comment

well we are paying ~ 7HRK per kilo ~ 80p

in the supermarket...
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

60 roubles (2$) for a kilo.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

One time, I was in this public bathroom stall and there was a waist level hole on the side with writing below that said "free banana dispensary." Needless to say, it was not a banana.

Comment

I'll pay them as much as they want.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                Our bananas are $0.59 a pound.
                I made a point of checking while at the store.

$0.67 here.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bananas are A$2.98 per kilogram at my local supermarket.

Comment

That's why I miss Cort Haus.
                    He posed questions that matter.

I don't know how much they cost, because I never notice. so they must be low.

I remember the EU embargo on bananas when I was a small kid.

The only ones we had was cretan ones and they were small and wrinkly

Comment

Bananas are now A$2.49 per kilogram at my local supermarket.

The price has gone down.

Comment

Working...
                      X