C'mon, fess up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehehehehe...

While I didn't do it (I have actually been away from Poly for a bit), several weeks ago I was bored and started to 1-star every MOBIUS thread I saw. I actually struggled with that one when he posted a 'leaving forever' thread. How do you 1-star a MOBIUS leaving forever thread? Anyway, I noticed that someone evidently caught on to what I was doing so someone else did it for me. Then it went to 3 stars meaning someone 5-stared. Since others were popping stars I went ahead and 1-stared it. It was kinda funny seeing every MOBIUS thread one stared. I think it bothersed him too, be he did leave shorty after I started it.

Since MOBIUS left, I needed another target. I picked Ordernin (or however you spell it). I prompty rewarded with a "Who 1-stared my thread?" post from him. He had a legit argument, because it was a pretty decent thread with some funny video clip in it, but the fact it bothered him enought to post something meant he took the bait and the hook was set. However, it wasn't to be. Ordernin promptly ignored his one star ratings from then on and never commented on it again. Time to look for another target...

Since I was looking for some kind of reaction on my targets part, I decided to pick the Apolyton Egotist. Within mear hours of 1-staring everyone of his threads, they were all 5 stared to average them out to 3 stars. Maybe a day later, I saw that all his new threads were 5 stared, even when they only had a veiw views and a couple of replies. I hit them up with a 1-star and they promptly averaged out to 3 stars which meant that someone, most likely the target, was so enraged by getting one stared that he would preemptively 5 star his own threads just so they would never hit 1 star.

Gave me a good chuckle, but then my uncle up and had a suprize heart attack and died so I was away for about a week or so. Now I come on and see this. A real LOL. Now I'm not saying it was the resident egotist (it most definately could be, as it appeared I got under his skin), but it was probably someone who noticed an increacing use of the rating system and just went nuts with it (sorta like Krill when he spammed every thread for almost two days).

Anyway, thanks for the laugh guys!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Yeah, it was me and I started while I was on hold with a customer service rep.

I've decided to 5-star every Oerdin thread and 1-star everything else and I will keep doing this until Oerdin is made an OT mod.

Comment

Are you still on hold?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
            Hehehehehe...

While I didn't do it (I have actually been away from Poly for a bit), several weeks ago I was bored and started to 1-star every MOBIUS thread I saw. I actually struggled with that one when he posted a 'leaving forever' thread. How do you 1-star a MOBIUS leaving forever thread? Anyway, I noticed that someone evidently caught on to what I was doing so someone else did it for me. Then it went to 3 stars meaning someone 5-stared. Since others were popping stars I went ahead and 1-stared it. It was kinda funny seeing every MOBIUS thread one stared. I think it bothersed him too, be he did leave shorty after I started it.

Since MOBIUS left, I needed another target. I picked Ordernin (or however you spell it). I prompty rewarded with a "Who 1-stared my thread?" post from him. He had a legit argument, because it was a pretty decent thread with some funny video clip in it, but the fact it bothered him enought to post something meant he took the bait and the hook was set. However, it wasn't to be. Ordernin promptly ignored his one star ratings from then on and never commented on it again. Time to look for another target...

Since I was looking for some kind of reaction on my targets part, I decided to pick the Apolyton Egotist. Within mear hours of 1-staring everyone of his threads, they were all 5 stared to average them out to 3 stars. Maybe a day later, I saw that all his new threads were 5 stared, even when they only had a veiw views and a couple of replies. I hit them up with a 1-star and they promptly averaged out to 3 stars which meant that someone, most likely the target, was so enraged by getting one stared that he would preemptively 5 star his own threads just so they would never hit 1 star.

Gave me a good chuckle, but then my uncle up and had a suprize heart attack and died so I was away for about a week or so. Now I come on and see this. A real LOL. Now I'm not saying it was the resident egotist (it most definately could be, as it appeared I got under his skin), but it was probably someone who noticed an increacing use of the rating system and just went nuts with it (sorta like Krill when he spammed every thread for almost two days).

Anyway, thanks for the laugh guys!
            I'm lost as to who this "Apolyton Egoist" is.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
              Yeah, it was me and I started while I was on hold with a customer service rep.

I've decided to 5-star every Oerdin thread and 1-star everything else and I will keep doing this until Oerdin is made an OT mod.
              And you can **** and fall back into it.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I'm lost as to who this "Apolyton Egoist" is.
                Hints for Alby:
                I have a towering intellect, a vast and gigantic intelligence, remarkable talent for insulting people on the internet, a job so incredibly important that I work 12 hours a day plus weekend work, I have a real Phd in stuff, I kick small schoolgirls in the crotch to show that politeness is over rated, I have poker skills which I apply to the real world and {insert really long tribute to self here}.

BTW I noticed some of KrazyHorse's threads were 5 starred (so I one starred them) even though freshly posted.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  And you can **** and fall back into it.
                  The man is a hero and all the terroristic America haters of the forum are always dumping on him. It's like Vietnam all over again. He needs to be given more respect.

Oerdin for OT.

Comment

Obviously the lobotomy was a complete success.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                    X