GOP/Paul Ryan FTW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello korn!
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I especially like 4 and 5. America's idea of capitalism is bizarre. Businesses there are more like feudal lords than centers of trade or service.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Looking at the CBO's initial analysis of the plan is not exactly confidence-inspiring.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
          You could easily solve the deficit with spending cuts. Unlike top marginal tax rates, spending only has a zero lower bound.

Remember that I only referred to short term elasticities. Long term elasticity will probably prove larger, meaning that less can be raised over the long haul by "taxing the rich".

In the end, federal state and local spending amounts to >40% of US gdp (and rising). This is unsustainable when we appear to be unwilling to tax the majority of Americans.
          OK.

How come Canada is doing fine with more taxes? Would that mean that on the long term our fiscal prospects are even darker than America's?
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
          X