Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeding - what would happen to you if ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding - what would happen to you if ...

you did this in your neighbourhood ?

Source

Driver caught doing 291 kph on German autobahn

(AFP) – 1 day ago

BERLIN — A 22-year-old Brazilian man has been caught driving at an eye-watering 291 kilometres (181 miles) per hour on the German motorway, almost three times the speed limit, police said.

Many stretches of Germany's extensive autobahn network have no speed limit but the area near Hamburg in the north where the man was caught had a 100-kph restriction.

Police attempted to give chase in an unmarked patrol car but the seven-series BMW with Polish number plates was too fast. He was eventually caught further on with the help of several police cars.

"Searching the boot of the car, police also recovered a small volume of drugs," a statement said. "The 22-year-old is now facing four points (on his licence), a three-month driving ban and an 1,800-euro ($2,545) fine."
    Krauts
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Here you would immeditaedly loose your license for a couple of years and have to take all tests again to get it back.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Here, you would certainly lose your license for years. Possibly get even get put in jail for dangerous driving (not sure about the chance of jail though).

Comment

More detailed :

Source

291 km/h! Polizei stoppt Rekord-Raser Roberto P. (22)

In England wurde mal ein Porsche mit 275 Stundenkilometern erwischt, in der Schweiz ein Mercedes sogar mit 290 Sachen. So schnell wie Roberto P. aus Hamburg war noch keiner: Der 22-Jährige wurde mit 291,52 km/h gefilmt. Ein trauriger neuer Europarekord im Rasen.

Montagabend, 20.43 Uhr: Zwei Beamte der Verkehrsstaffel Süd fahren die A1 (Höhe Billstedt) entlang. Plötzlich wird ihr Zivilwagen von einem Luftstoß erfasst. Mit Mühe können die Polizisten noch erkennen, dass es ein schwarzer 7er BMW war, der gerade an ihnen vorbeigerast ist. Die Beamten nehmen die Verfolgung auf. Doch gegen die Super-Limousine haben sie keine Chance. Es gelingt ihnen gerade noch, mit der eingebauten „ProViDa“-Technik die Geschwindigkeit des Rasers zu messen: sage und schreibe 291,52 Stundenkilometer – 100 sind erlaubt! Laut Polizei hätte der Bremsweg mindestens 460 Meter betragen.

Per Funk rufen die Beamten Verstärkung. Der Raser wechselt am Kreuz Hamburg-Ost auf die A24, rast in Richtung City und fährt schließlich in Jenfeld ab. An der Jenfelder Allee gelingt es schließlich drei Streifenwagen, den BMW auszubremsen und zu stoppen. Am Steuer sitzt der etwas moppelige Roberto P.: 22 Jahre alt, gebürtiger Brasilianer, wohnhaft in Jenfeld, polizeibekannt wegen Diebstahls, Körperverletzung und Drogendelikten. Auf dem Beifahrersitz sitzt P.s Kumpel (29). Er sagt zu den Polizisten: „Ich hatte während der Fahrt große Angst.“ Vielleicht ja auch, weil im Kofferraum Drogen sind: Im Auto finden die Beamten ein paar Gramm Marihuana.

Den in Polen zugelassenen Wagen (BMW 750, zwölf Zylinder, 326 PS) hatte sich Roberto P. von einem Bekannten ausgeliehen. Die Wahnsinns-Geschwindigkeit von 291,52 km/h konnte er nur erreichen, weil die automatische Abriegelung (stoppt bei 250) entfernt wurde. „Zu den Gründen, weshalb er so schnell gefahren ist, machte der 22-Jährige keine Angaben“, sagt Polizeisprecher Andreas Schöpflin.

Roberto P. hatte, so viel steht fest, weder Drogen noch Alkohol im Blut. Kurios: „Trotz des hohen Tempos ist das nur eine Ordnungswidrigkeit, da ja offensichtlich niemand gefährdet wurde“, sagt Uwe Lenhart, Fachanwalt für Verkehrsrecht. Das Gesetz sieht für Autobahn-Raser eigentlich eine Höchststrafe von 600 Euro, vier Punkten und einem dreimonatigen Fahrverbot vor (siehe Tabelle). Weil Roberto P. aber ganz offensichtlich vorsätzlich gerast ist, hat die Polizei die Möglichkeit, das Bußgeld zu erhöhen. In diesem Fall zu verdreifachen, auf 1800 Euro.
        Nonkrautreaders can use google translate

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Here it would be "Racing".

7-day vehicle impound
          $2 000 - $10 000 fine
          max 2 - year licence suspension
          max 6 months jail
          6 Demerit points

191 kph over would attract the high end of those penalties.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Racing involves more than one vehicle, here. It's called competition for speed.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Just telling you what the law calls it Sloww. 1 vehicle can "race".

It's a new offence (this would formerly have been covered by speeding, careless driving, or dangerous driving).
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

And I said "here". I wasn't disputing what you said about Canada.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

You have a charge called "competition for speed"?

Kudos on being different.

Comment

The same thing as racing. The definition of racing.

Comment

So you can't race the clock or race the weather in Texas? Has to be two to be considered a race? Pretty narrow definition.

Comment

That would probably be speeding. Competition implies another individual is involved. We wouldn't call it competition for speed if a person was trying to whirl around in an attempt to create more g-force than a blender either.

Comment

I think that racing is the proper term when you go 291 km/h - I mean, that isn't something you do in an average Kia or Chevrolet.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            That would probably be speeding. Competition implies another individual is involved. We wouldn't call it competition for speed if a person was trying to whirl around in an attempt to create more g-force than a blender either.
                            You can compete against many things Sloww, not just other humans.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

I think that racing is the proper term when you go 291 km/h - I mean, that isn't something you do in an average Kia or Chevrolet.
                              Our "Racing" law kicks in at 50 kph over. Kia's and Chevy's are doing that.

It's way too low a bar for the charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X