Free MP3 Music ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free MP3 Music ?

I got me a sansafuze for the golf course but I dont wanna buy a bunch of CDs to update my collection - is there a website with free downloads?

In terms of free and legal, you can use http://www.streamtransport.com/ to download youtube videos and http://www.formatoz.com/ to convert them to mp3
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Is this a joke?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Coldplay has a pretty good live album that's a free d/l.

The official Coldplay website, featuring news, tour dates, lyrics, videos, the Coldplay Timeline and official merchandise store.

Lots of artists offer free d/l tunes to those who provide their email address. So start up a dedicated junk email box and check out the sites of your favorite groups.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

thx lb

no alb

Comment

another question: what is the best live version of clocks by coldplay?

Comment

a silent one
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

jools holland 2002

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                  a silent one
                  this
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What the hell is wrong with Coldplay?

Coldplay
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

HC, you listen to video game music soundtracks.

Comment

Clocks is good, my only gripe might be the singer doesn't ruin the instrumentals. Alica Keys has a more mellow version of it but while she can sing the instrumentals are weaker.

Comment

Some other useful free tools:
                          audacity is a free music editor. The advanced features are more likely to screw up your music than to enhance it unless you know what you're doing, but for a basic user (and I count myself as a basic user) it's useful for a. cropping the crap at the front and back of an mp3 (intros and such), b. running amplify filters (these boost the volume with little chance of distorting the sound), and c. running dynamic range compression filters (these reduce the difference between loud and quiet sounds on a song, so you won't blast out your eardrums on a song that goes from quiet to loud all of a sudden). In order to re-encode your music to mp3 (instead of ogg or wav) you'll need to download the free LAME encoder, which is available at the audacity website.

tagscanner is a program for changing your mp3 tags and renaming your mp3's. You can change tags based on file name, you can change file name based on tags, and you can bulk change tags (e.g. select all of the mp3's by an artist and update the "artist" tags for those mp3's). Most mp3 players read these tags for organizing your music.

bulk rename utility will clean up the file names on all of your mp3's; this program is much more useful if you know regular expressions, but even if you don't you can still use it to e.g. remove all of the underscores from file names and change the file names to title case, after which you can run tagscanner to change the files' tags based on their file names.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

thx again, I got tunes now for the golf course

but I gotta visit the sansafuze site to learn how to use its features

Comment

I use Tag & Rename for titles and tags. I take the review from www.allmusic.com or www.artistdirect.com and paste it into Comments. Artist - Album - Track # - Track Title.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X