Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe we should introduce this to the Off-Topic as the rules for having a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god there's no rule against simply beating your opponent down with a stream of invectives.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Can you envision anything that will change your mind on this topic?

YES - aliens may abduct me and replace my brain with one of a bat**** crazy person

If one of your arguments is shown to be faulty will you stop using that argument (with everyone)

YES - I will not use that argument with everyone anymore. Only some select few of them.

Are you prepared to abide by basic principles of reason in discussing this topic?

YES - but only the most basic principles, nothing advanced

Do not introduce new arguments while another argument has yet to be resolved

CONFIRMED - I will only introduce old arguments while another argument has yet to be resolved

Do not move on to another argument if it is shown that a fact you have relied upon is inaccurate

CONFIRMED - I will only move onto another argument if it is shown that multiple facts I have relied upon are inaccurate

Provide evidence for your position or arguments

CONFIRMED - I will demonstrate sufficient evidence that my position or arguments are due to dementia, delusions of grandeur, and constipation

Do not argue that you do not 'need' evidence

CONFIRMED - I will instead supply evidence in the form of direct quotes from the first Google result that confirms my beliefs or suspicions on the topic

Did you breach any of these rules in the discussion

NO - technically it was more of a flanking maneuver

CONGRATULATIONS! I am a rational human being!

Comment

Can you envision anything that will change your mind on this topic?

YES - aliens may abduct me and replace my brain with one of a bat**** crazy person

If one of your arguments is shown to be faulty will you stop using that argument (with everyone)

YES - I will not use that argument with everyone anymore. Only some select few of them.

Are you prepared to abide by basic principles of reason in discussing this topic?

YES - but only the most basic principles, nothing advanced

Do not introduce new arguments while another argument has yet to be resolved

CONFIRMED - I will only introduce old arguments while another argument has yet to be resolved

Do not move on to another argument if it is shown that a fact you have relied upon is inaccurate

CONFIRMED - I will only move onto another argument if it is shown that multiple facts I have relied upon are inaccurate

Provide evidence for your position or arguments

CONFIRMED - I will demonstrate sufficient evidence that my position or arguments are due to dementia, delusions of grandeur, and constipation

Do not argue that you do not 'need' evidence

CONFIRMED - I will instead supply evidence in the form of direct quotes from the first Google result that confirms my beliefs or suspicions on the topic

Did you breach any of these rules in the discussion

NO - technically it was more of a flanking maneuver

CONGRATULATIONS! I am a rational human being!

Comment

One of you isn't.
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

@ Aeson.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

after successfull implementation this place will explode with people on teh internets flocking to this discussion heaven... making the site laggy and unusable again, so we better skip this
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                after successfull implementation this place will explode with people on teh internets flocking to this discussion heaven... making the site laggy and unusable again, so we better skip this

"discussion heaven"

Comment

#1 rule, No banning Thorn
                  "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Thank god there's no rule against simply beating your opponent down with a stream of invectives.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I thought discussions were purely for spamming purposes...

Comment

b etor !
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That word "rational". Can you explain that to us real slow and in words of one syllable please?

Also:
                          Is "you ****ing ****" a rational argument?

Comment

Mike didn't provide proof this was needed therefore he loses!
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

True, but he did have a link to some site or another on the internet. Mike wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                                Mike didn't provide proof this was needed therefore he loses!
                                I didn't say it was needed therefore I didn't need to prove it was needed.

FAIL.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X