Why are nerds so cruel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are nerds so cruel?

I was wondering because a good portion of nerds at this forum seem to enjoy cruelty to other posters. If they were ridiculed in school? why would they do that to person having first experienced it themselves? Did they secretly enjoy the abuse? I was under the impression nerds were polite, intelligent and well mannered. Are the nerds cruel just here at this forum?
    I was friendly with nerds while I was in school (and same back) but did not hang out with them but they were not like the nerds here. I am confused about nerds now.

Would you care to try to explain?

Maybe it's because you call them nerds.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Maybe it's because you call them nerds.
      WAY! Before I started calling them nerds.

Comment

But they were smart enough to know you were going to call them nerds.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

NERDS!!!!!
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

This is all relative, too. I'm a nerd by the standards of the hood but put me in HC's clique and I'd probably be the Fonz mixed with Rico Suave and Dean Martin
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm most certainly not a nerd. I've got the grades to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                This is all relative, too. I'm a nerd by the standards of the hood but put me in HC's clique and I'd probably be the Fonz mixed with Rico Suave and Dean Martin
                I'm the same way. I always fail the nerd test when posted here.

I can imagine things from dfg's POV. Everyone must appear to be a nerd to him.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"Nerd" to him probably means "person of above average intelligence".

Comment

No, to dfg it would be any "person above my intelligence".
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

We do have definite nerds though. HC is most definitely a nerd. He sounds like George McFly from Back to the Future. That's pretty bad that you sound like an actor doing a 'nerd voice'.

Comment

So people are nerds based on their voices?

Comment

Their perceived voices.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

HC has recorded his voice in some thread. As has Alby, who sounds like a ghetto gangster.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              So people are nerds based on their voices?
                              Not just that. HC has provided a wealth of evidence to corroborate his nerdom.

Comment

Working...
                              X