X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Evil Tech Company

The decisive winner is....

Apple :applause:

It was a three way contest beteen Apple, Microsoft and Google... Apple is the clear winner with 68% of the vote, MS got 17% and Google got a respectable 15%...

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

I think it is quite obviously Apple, and that is as someone who most recent computer purchase was an Apple, next computer purchase will likely be an Apple, last phone purchase was an Apple and who is interested in the iPad.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You can't really be that evil when you're small time, so Apple should be disqualified. Google will win out in the end. "Don't be evil" is a dead giveaway that there's something nefarious lurking in there

Comment

Small time? Apple are the world's biggest tech company. Therefore the most evil.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

They also, as far as I know, do the most evil things.

Like take 30% of all sales on their App store, and require Apps to use their App store (the kindle not yet, but going to?).

I am not bought by the iPhone. I am comfortable shifting to Android for the future.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and iTunes is the most hateful least user friendly most frustrating evil bit of software ever devised.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Apple is small time in everything they do, they just do a lot of it. When they try to squeeze, you just say 'meh' and migrate to a superior product with greater market share (if you haven't already). Google on the other hand has a clearly superior product, massive market share, in arguably the most important market from here on out.

Comment

When it comes to TRUE EVIL... One company beats out all other types by a long shot...

Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There's a similar (and more reputable) study that came out yesterday about America's most ethical companies. MS was actually near the top of the list, a far cry from 10 years ago.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Right now Oracle. I have been fighting their tech support all day for a relatively simple problem.
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I think Google just one-upped everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        I think Google just one-upped everyone.
                        What did I miss?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Google is making SSL encryption the standard for signed-in users, bringing greater privacy and anonymity. But it won't protect you from advertisers' prying eyes.

Essentially, Google and paying advertisers can still see what you're searching for (and thus target their ads), no one else can. This is all for our own good. I mean, you are still naked in front of Google and anyone who wants to pay them 10 cents, but otherwise you have your privacy!

Comment

Oh, you can't be serious.

If you click an ad on Google, it'll send the query string used to the company who placed the ad. The horror.

It's been doing that since forever. The only difference is now it's only for advertisers, not every single link clicked (see the bottom of each forum page...)

Comment

I suspect the Google is the most insidious and evil of them all, but they're too clever to get caught.

That whole "do no evil/don't be evil" thing is actually just a huge, PR-based misdirect. Despite common belief to the contrary, it's not part of their actual "corporate philosophy." The actual statement therein is much more non-committal. It simply states: "You can make money without doing evil."

Of course, I may just be paranoid. But they sure do possess an awful lot of personal data...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X